Opinion On Cake And Figures?

Decorating By baking-mama Updated 17 Apr 2013 , 11:28am by baking-mama

baking-mama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baking-mama Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 9

Ahttp://cakecentral.com/g/i/2979658/first-wedding-cake/

Hope this pic works.

Just wondering if you can give me your opinions on my figures and my cake in general? It was my first wedding cake.

8 replies
punkin90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkin90 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 10:57pm
post #2 of 9

I think it cute! I know those figures can be tricky

baking-mama Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 2:05am
post #3 of 9

AThanks. :) They took probably 8 hours work all up.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 2:28am
post #4 of 9

The cake and the figures or just the figures?  There are some tutorials on this site.  I don't really do many, but I have one this for a cake for this weekend.  They do take time and patience.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 3:49am
post #5 of 9

AI think it is a very darling cake, but needs a lot more icing ;-) You should not be able to see the cake through it. The texture really looks nice though. Something to keep in mind with a chocolate mold, is you do not have to fill the whole thing up, the candies on the front would've been a lot cuter if they had about a third, to a quarter as much chocolate in them. Your figures are super cute!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 5:00am
post #6 of 9
Very, very nice!

I think your figures are really cute, I love their clothes...
The only thing I would suggest for next time, is working on the outstretched arms and hands so they look more natural.

...maybe you could bend the man's right arm so that his hand is resting on his own thigh, or even by his side...or have both figures touching hands...or have her right arm touching his back...
something along those lines.

Lorraine McKay has an awesome free hand tutorial, by the way...
it's how I learned to do them:

" rel="nofollow">

She also has wonderful figure tutorials for sale, VERY reasonably priced: http://www.extraicing.co.uk/#/shop/4566719686
cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 10:08am
post #7 of 9

AYep very cute!! I would agree with FlourPots about making them look abit more natural, but otherwise they' re really good.

baking-mama Posted 16 Apr 2013 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 9

AThanks for all the encouragement! I wish I could spend weeks and weeks to perfect them!

I look at them now, and I realize their arms look very stuff hahah. Oh well! I'll take it on board for next time.

baking-mama Posted 17 Apr 2013 , 11:28am
post #9 of 9

A

Original message sent by auntginn

The cake and the figures or just the figures?  There are some tutorials on this site.  I don't really do many, but I have one this for a cake for this weekend.  They do take time and patience.

What is the thread called? Opinion on cakes AND figures. Lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%