Ugh...i Fell With A Cake Yesterday

Decorating By Elcee Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 12:14pm by theartofsugar

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 10

The good news is, it was a dummy, and it was bringing it home after it's use...but still, what a wake up call!

My BCHE (Best Cake Husband Ever icon_smile.gif) and I were unloading several dummies and supplies from my vehicle. Me driveway has a kind of edge on it, with a little drop off of about 2 inches. Well, my foot went down on it wrong and down I went, cake box and all. DH is asking if I'm OK and all I can say is "My poor cake!". I don't think I would have been that careless if I wasn't coming home after a long day on top of a very long 3-4 weeks but still.

The cake actually survived pretty well. I lost some flowers and leaves but the cake itself is fine. A real cake would have been smashed to smithereens. 

Before:

After:

Thanks for listening! icon_smile.gif

9 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 Apr 2013 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 10

OH no! It is beautiful! Good luck with the repairs!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 2:58am
post #3 of 10

Oh no!  Looks like it will repair.   But it happened to me for real...I'll never trip over a doorstep again, though...

Elcee Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 3:18am
post #4 of 10

It'll definitely repair. Actually, I really like the ivory with the gold accents on the ruffles. Maybe I'll remake it into something for Christmas.

Norasmom, like you, lesson learned! No rushing and watch where I'm stepping.I should have know better, it's the second time I've fallen in that same spot.

Thanks, Annabakescakes!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 3:47am
post #5 of 10

I am loving this cake so much, I am really wanting to make my own version for my bridal show in June ;-) It reminds me of a blouse I had when I was a little girl. It looked just like that, but all in cream. (A very small old lady gave me a bunch of her clothes, and I loved them! It was quite shocking when I got made fun of at school for wearing them, but I was always a decade or so ahead of the new fashions, lol. )

Elcee Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 4:00am
post #6 of 10

Annabakescakes, it's first incarnation was for a bridal show last weekend. I then redressed it for a styled photo shoot. There's more and better pictures on my facebook page. Except for the flowers, it was very easy and fairly quick to put together.  

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 5:01am
post #7 of 10

Elcee, so glad you didn't get hurt.  Love the cake!

Annabakescakes Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 5:09am
post #8 of 10

That is exactly what I need, easy, and quick! I will use purchased flowers, too! I always wait until the  last minute...I have 3 more I really want to do, to update a bit.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 9:55am
post #9 of 10

Glad you are fine Elcee.  You are more important that the dummy.

theartofsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theartofsugar Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 12:14pm
post #10 of 10

I have had the same thing happen to me, matter of fact... think about how many times you see this on the cake competitions.

It's tragic after so much effort.  Glad it was a dummy cake. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%