Wedding Cupcakes & Cake Set Up...help!

Business By KrajickCakes Updated 12 Apr 2013 , 12:27am by RedInLove

KrajickCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrajickCakes Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 6

Good Afternoon Cake ladies! I have been baking cakes for little over a year now and just started making wedding cake.....June 1st I will be making cupcakes for a wedding (Along with a cake) and I was just wondering, When setting up the cake table do I set up all cupcakes (200) or just enough on each side of the cake to make it look pretty and leave other cupcakes in the back to be served when the cake gets cut to be served?? I hope that makes sense lol. Thanks in advance :) 

5 replies
PLAmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PLAmom Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 6

Never have done, but have seen where they actually have a tiered cake setup where the cake on top and all the cupcakes on the bottom tiers. Looked really nice.

I would find a way to setup all on table (personally speaking) because if the serving staff is busy they will forget and then cupcakes will go uneaten.

But If they are going to deligate the serving staff to serve the cake, than I would setup enough for display purposes and then leave rest in back :-)

Lol... I guess this really wasn't much help icon_smile.gif

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 6

I would try to incorporate all the cupcakes into the design.  It's amazing how many you can fit onto a table and display.  Are you doing a regular sized wedding cake and additional cupcakes? or just a small cake with the majority of hte guests getting the cupcakes?  I would definately ask the bride what her vision is.  MOst of the time with my cupcake brides, they want the appearance of overflowing sweets. 

On the other hand, if it were just 200 cupcakes flat on a table, I don't think that would look good--kinda like a cafeteria.  I would want to do an arranged table with a runner and different cake plates and stands of various heights to create a lovely display of cake and cupcakes.  

I think you need clarification from the bride. 

KrajickCakes Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 12:22am
post #4 of 6

AWell she has no idea what she wants lol...her cake is a three tier cake on a high cake stand with a fountain underneath. She wants to have cupcake stands so I was thinking of having 2 smaller cupcake stands (50 each) and her cake stand in the center.

KrajickCakes Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 12:23am
post #5 of 6

A100 cupcakes with the cake upfront and the other 100 cupcakes in the back

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 12:27am
post #6 of 6

Perhaps the venue can give you an idea of what their setup for the cake will be (size of table, etc.) so you don't have a design that you then can't use. My venue had our cake on a smaller round table by itself, and there would not have been room for a boatload of cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%