How Do I Get That Light N Fluffy Whip Cream Icing

Decorating By Yummys Sweets Updated 12 Apr 2013 , 4:40pm by Yummys Sweets

Yummys Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yummys Sweets Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 11

AI have a order for 200mini cc snd the lady wants whip cream icing like at kroger and walmart. Can anyone help me pls.

10 replies
psgodusa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psgodusa Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 11

If you need the whipped cream icing recipe, here it is

1 cup heavy whipping cream

3 tbsp regular sugar

1 tsp vanilla essence

start with whipping the heavy cream first on low speed for about 2 minutes. Then add the sugar and vanilla and beat the mixture on medium to high till you get stiff peaks. This will make around 2 cups of whipped cream icing.

I am not sure if this is the icing they use at Walmart or other stores, but i thought i would share the recipe if that will help you.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 11

The recipe above is for whipped cream.  It would not be stable for long on cupcakes, although it is delicious. :)

Liz

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 11

you can buy that from cake decorating stores. my local one stocks those, it comes in a carton and it needs to be refrigerated.

Susan_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan_cakes Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 11

I've not had the whipped cream icing at Wal-Mart or Kroger. However, I spent 15 years working for a retail grocer as a cake decorator. We used a whipped topping called Richs Bettercream. It is not whipped cream, though. This is shelf stable, but I don't recommend it be stored in a hot environment, as it will melt.

RoyalCreamery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RoyalCreamery Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 1:16am
post #6 of 11

AI use to work at a cupcakery here in GA. And for our "stable" whipped cream before starting the cream in mixture we got a small batch of gelatin ready... And while the whisk was going we slowly drizzled the gelatin/water mixture in. I don't remember the exact measurements but if I had to guess I would do around 2:1 cup ratio. Cream:gelatin.

Try it out!! It should hold all day!! The CCs were kept at room temp.

Slamsam065 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Slamsam065 Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 1:20am
post #7 of 11

AI use bettercreme made by richs it's great yes have to b cold till u whip it then it can stay at room temp that's what Walmart uses its called none dairy whipped topping

sweettooth101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yummys Sweets Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 11

AThank you sooo much everyone. I appreciate this really I do!

mrsmurders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmurders Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 3:01pm
post #10 of 11

There is a recipe on this site called "whiped cream buttercream". Its really light and fluffy and tasts great. I just made a batch last night, lemon flavored, its delishious. Also the other day i was at walmart and i found some dehydrated whipped cream powder. Its called Spiff E Whip. Im not sure if all walmatrs sell it, but its by the emergency food (canned dried stuff). On the back of the carton is a recipe for frosting it just calls for the Spiff E whip and water so it would be shelf stable. I bought some but havent tried it out yet. Im asuming that it would be very simular to the Richs and Pastry Pride type of "whipped cream" frostings though.

Yummys Sweets Posted 12 Apr 2013 , 4:40pm
post #11 of 11

AThank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%