Design Help Please.

Decorating By kblickster Updated 9 Apr 2013 , 2:02am by kblickster

kblickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kblickster Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to come up with a "fabulous" baby shower cake.  She stated, "You can make it anyway you like. The things I like about this cake are the bow and the Cheetah print." Here's the pic she sent:

I have been stressing over this for 2 days.  I've looked at a million pictures and I just keep coming up with NOTHING.  I really dislike the color combination and I just can't come up with anything.

Does anyone have any ideas they could share. 

5 replies
mommyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyb Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:30am
post #2 of 6

Could you do a pink cheetah print? I've seen the pregnancy belly cakes...what if the "dress" on that cake was pink cheetah print with the pink bow. I'll see if I can find any pics.

mommyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyb Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 12:32am
post #3 of 6
mystsparkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mystsparkle Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

How about something like this...except changing it to cheetah print in one of the prints and you can put that other type of bow.

http://api.ning.com/files/InesfQQhVhZWcEEfFLc-2lHUJovxv0b2mHW9W3kvUk9YBPm8Aj78MRH15YZf7hT33J9EyJnR8V3Tl6hGNfCZi14hT2hOlKAl/Giraffecake_1.jpg

biscuiteater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
biscuiteater Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:48am
post #5 of 6

AHow about do the bottom layer the cheetah print. Then do a pink top layer with a little baby on top dressed in a cheetah sleeper suit with little ears and a tail..... I get wild when people give me too much freedom!

Like this bunny baby but a cheetah....lol...idk.. Maybe I'm crazy...

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/2958575/5-inch-cake-with-fondant-baby-is-fondant-and-flower-is-silk-tfl/

kblickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kblickster Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 2:02am
post #6 of 6

Thanks to both of you for your ideas.  I am leaning towards the tiered cakes as it needs to feed 35-40.  I hadn't thought about putting a wide band around one of the cakes.  If I did the bottom tier in pink with a wide brown band then that would help with the integration to the brown in the cheetah print.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%