Another Way I Have Gotten Business

Business By Norasmom Updated 8 Apr 2013 , 10:08pm by jason_kraft

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 9:48pm
post #1 of 2

And lots of it is coming in too...

The town I grew up in, which is one town away, is full of children with birthday parties and First Communions.  I don't do wedding cakes, so my target market is mothers.  This particular town is rather well-to-do and so I decided it would be my target demographic.  I met one mother from the town, asked her to order a cake for her daughter, and she did.   What she ended up doing was putting my cake and my contact information on that town's mother's association page, with a rave review.  It was total free advertising and every mother in that town reads that webpage.  I wanted to be paid what I am worth so I targeted a market that would see the value in my cakes.  So find those local mother's associations and network.  It works nicely.  Even if you have to travel over to a playground a few towns away.

1 reply
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 2

AMom's clubs are definitely great for networking if you sell birthday cakes...the great thing about birthday cakes is that you make them every year and you can build a great relationship with each customer over time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%