Pregnant Belly Cake Help

Decorating By jstewart8790 Updated 14 May 2013 , 8:53pm by Amycakes12

jstewart8790 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jstewart8790 Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 1:42am
post #1 of 7

Hi. I am new to this site so I hope I am posting in the correct place.  I am making a pregnant belly cake for a baby shower in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone who has experience making these cakes can tell me about how much fondant I would need for the cake? Also there will be about 30 people in attendance so I was wondering if you all might know how many the PB cake would feed. Any tips or sites with some steps for this would be great as well.  

Thanks

6 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 3:05am
post #2 of 7

Am.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=vcEW7va03lU

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=cHrbENYL3j0

I don't think this cake feeds a lot

kazita Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 3:35am
post #3 of 7

Acakecentral.com/newsearch?search=belly+cakes+pictures&type=61

kazita Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 3:48am
post #4 of 7

Acakecentral.com/g/i/968163/a/969163/thanks-to-didi5-who-allowed-me-to-utilize-her-creative-idea-my-customer-had-seen-the-picture-of-didi5s-cake-and-wanted-me-to-duplicate-it-they-had-found-shower-decorations-with-exact-colors-and-pregnant-women-on-them-had-a-hard-time-with-the/

I really like something like this one you can change the colors to be what you needed and it should feed enough being on top of a sheet cake

forjenns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forjenns Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 3:06pm
post #5 of 7

AI recently did my first PB cake I used a 9x13 as the base and a bowl for the belly. It would have fed 30 people easily. The only thing I would do differently is to be sure I torted the belly so there isnt such a big piece of cake with no icing. I used the small ball pan for the ta-ta's but was informed that isn't very realistic for many women (ha-ha, those of us with little ones doesn't know what it's like to have them bigger then our bellies), if I were to do it again I am not sure what I would use to make bigger ta-ta's.

This cake was very easy to do.

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7

I'm not sure what size it is, but I use my largest stainless steel bowl to make the belly of the cake, and the large muffin pan for the breasts. To be on the safe side, I always include a dozen matching cupcakes.

Amycakes12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amycakes12 Posted 14 May 2013 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 7

When I made my PB cake's I used the Wilton sports ball pan for the ta~ta's and it was pretty realistic to the bulk of prego's, lol.  I use the soccer ball pan for the bell but I would like it a little bigger so I bought some glass Pyrex bowls and I'm going to try the biggest one of those next time.  I have trimmed the ta~ta's once to proportion them to the belly but then another time they were supposed to be rather large, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%