Cupcake Display At Farmers' Market

Baking By scrumptious16 Updated 24 Jun 2014 , 6:03pm by Foamguy

scrumptious16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumptious16 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 7

I will be selling cupcakes at a local farmers' market this year. I was looking on the internet for a display case but they are so expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

6 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 8:10am
post #2 of 7

AI have all mine pre boxed, and use elevated small cloche stands to display one of each flavor. Like this one, http://www.eggcupandblanket.co.uk/gifts-c3/gifts-for-her-c9/mini-glass-cake-stand-with-cloche-small-p1408

I do know that one of our local restaurant supply places sells used ones sometimes, at a pretty decent discount, you could check with places like that.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 8:28am
post #3 of 7

As scrumdiddy says she does hers, this is how I have seen them displayed.

Bluebird Cookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluebird Cookie Posted 24 Apr 2014 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 7

I am in the same situation as you,Scrumptious16, trying a Farmer's Market this year. 

I am going to pre-pack my cupcakes in 4 holed clamshells, but also plan on putting individuals for sale on a stand, under a dome. I found the stand and dome (sold separately) at webstaurant.com.  They haven't arrived yet, so I can't comment further on them, but they did get good reviews and I have seen cuppies displayed this way.  

Good luck!

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 11 May 2014 , 2:04am
post #5 of 7

AI'd been to several farmers market in several continents and this is what I see , all cupcakes were displayed in a closed wrapped around glass case. They look scrumptious and mouth watering display, there's a lot of people milling around, and you want to protect your product. I will not buy cupcakes that are not protected well.

Foamguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foamguy Posted 18 Jun 2014 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 7

Did you try making a foam display?

Foamguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foamguy Posted 24 Jun 2014 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 7

Have you considered using a cake dummy display and using it for cupcakes? You can have a cylinder center and have the foam disks spread out so you have room to put your cupcakes on. Just a thought! It is cheap, reusable and lightweight. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%