Gluten & Dairy Free Lifestyle??

Lounge By Baking Queen Updated 1 Apr 2013 , 1:40pm by Baking Queen

Baking Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 12:59am
post #1 of 5

AHello everyone! Does anyone have any tips on baking without gluten and dairy? Also, how to make your very own all-purpose flour that's gluten free? Anything would greatly be appreciated! Thanks

4 replies
Carrie789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carrie789 Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:53am
post #2 of 5

I have been baking gluten free for eight years. I have a cupboard full of flours I had never known existed. However, for the best all-around mix for baking, check out the Land O Lakes website. I always keep a supply of their gluten free flour mix on hand. Their yellow cake recipe was my first successful gf cake, and no one can tell it is gf. Also, check out the Gluten-Free Goddess website. She posts recipes that are gf and dairy free. Good Luck!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 2:58am
post #3 of 5

AWe did quite a bit of R&D when putting together our gluten-free cake recipes. The best flour mix for cakes is white rice flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, and xanthan gum, we made this mix from scratch since no commercial product uses this combination.

Dairy-free is easy by comparison as long as you watch out for cross-contamination. Vegan margarine, vegan chocolate chips, non-dairy milk, and hi-ratio shortening are all available dairy-free.

Baking Queen Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 5

AThanks ! That helped a lot!

Baking Queen Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks Carrie!! I haven't been on Land o Lacks website before and was pleasantly surprised! I didn't know they cater to gluten free people too, and their recipes look amazing. Also thanks for answering my question about the flour mix! Can't wait to try it out:)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%