Problem Printing Picture On Edible Paper

Decorating By SuperDave Updated 30 Mar 2013 , 11:13pm by DeliciousDesserts

SuperDave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuperDave Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 8:17pm
post #1 of 4

Hi. I tried but could not find this problem in your forums.

My wife and I just purchased a brand new Epson NX530 printer along with edible inks and paper. When printing a picture, the image is coming out with thin (darker) lines about ever 1.25 inch or so. It is not the jets as the image prints fine on regular paper (with the edible ink). It is also not the paper advance wheels as the lines are horizontal, not vertical. I set my paper type to envelope (as suggested in an article in the tutorial section) which DID improve things, but the lines are still there. 

I was wondering if anyone out there has experienced this and could offer some advice.

Thanks,

Dave & Terry

3 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 4

AI can remember the name if this issue, but I do not what you mean. Something needs to be cleaned. In your utilities section there is a cleaning heads, cleaning something, & deep clean. There is a brief description of each.

If you don't find the answer before I put the baby to bed, ill look at mine & refresh my memory.

SuperDave Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuperDave Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 4

Hi. Thanks for your update. I don't see how it can be the print heads/jets though as the image prints perfectly when I use regular paper. Plus the fact that both the ink and printer are brand new out of the box today. I suspect that the problem has to do with the thickness of the edible paper but I don't know what the solution is.

Dave...

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 4

AAhh. The problem can occur on a brand new printer. Still if it prints on reg paper it must be something else. Sadly, (& thankfully) I have no idea.

I can say the people @ icing images have excellent customer support. I woul call them on Monday. They also frequent this board & may have an answer to share.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%