How Long In Advance Can I Bake And Decorate A Fondant Cake?

Decorating By kirst2401 Updated 2 Apr 2013 , 3:17pm by Deestar20

kirst2401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirst2401 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 10:58am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I am new to making cakes and i have 2 to do this week, one for Tuesday and one for Wednesday. The one for Wednesday is a Minnie mouse head and I'm just wondering when i will b able to bake and decorate the cake ready for Wednesday as it will be the biggest cake i have done so far?

thanks in advance

4 replies
Barny51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Barny51 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 5

Hi . If it;s a sponge cake,it should be fine for about 5 days,but don;t put it in the fridge as this will make your fondant patchy and sticky. Good luck!

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 12:14pm
post #3 of 5

' I baked a chocolate and a vanilla yesterday (Friday), to cover/decorate in ganache and sugar paste (fondant) today (Saturday). Travel Sunday, and cut/eat at family party on Monday.  Good luck.

kirst2401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirst2401 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 5

AThat's great thank you so much, so I can start it tomorrow and it will b fine for Wednesday. Iv been doing them the day before but with it being quite big and I want it to be perfect and know I have plenty of time. I'm really looking forward to do this one. :)

Deestar20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deestar20 Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 5

You sounded exactly like I feel right now!

I have two cakes due for this Sunday and one is a 3D cake..

I am going to bake tomorrow the put in the fridge overnight. Carve and ganache on Thursday and cover and decorate Friday ready for delivery on Saturday.

My second cake is smaller and not covered in fondant so I think I will bake it on Friday and decorate Saturday ready to deliver Sunday morning!

I am using mudcake so I have read of most people baking it 5 days in advance!

Hope your cake turned out well :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%