What To Use To Add Bling??

Decorating By tine1234 Updated 31 Mar 2013 , 2:53am by tine1234

tine1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tine1234 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 1:54am
post #1 of 6

I am doing a "bling" cake in a couple weeks and I'm seeing a lot of designs with a thick ribbon of bling at the base of the cakes. Does anyone know what they are using and If it is officially food safe? Also any ideas of what I can add to my cake quilting that will add bling but will be edible??

5 replies
mgostin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgostin Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 7:09am
post #2 of 6

hello!

i have seen isomalt be used to make faux bling such as diamonds etc on cake. when doing the quilted pattern using pearl coloured cachous/dragees at each X point adds beautiful detail and shine. good luck!

SweetMelissa730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetMelissa730 Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 8:04am
post #3 of 6

AThe "ribbon" that your referring to is "rhinestone ribbon" or "rhinestone wrap". If you do a search for those terms you'll find more information. You can order it by the roll or yard. You can find them on eBay, amazon, floral and some cake supply websites, as well as micheals and hobby lobby in the fabric or wedding departments. Some have real rhinestones and some have cut outs that resemble and give the sparkle of diamonds. You can buy them already cut in the number of rows you want or buy it a good many rows deep and have the option to cut different numbered rows for different cakes. If you search here there are other threads where people list some suppliers they have used. I get mine from a local cake shop that carries it. HTH

As far as the quilting goes... You could make isomalt diamonds/jewels or buy edible jewels and place them as you would pearls in the cross section of the quilts.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 30 Mar 2013 , 1:10pm
post #5 of 6

i had a great transaction with this ebay bling seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140566644833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

fast shipping--stunning product--lowest price i could find at the time--she's great and she's got all different widths and lengths

tine1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tine1234 Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 2:53am
post #6 of 6

AThanks so much everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%