Is There Any Great Recipe Out There?

Baking By sweettreats36 Updated 28 Mar 2013 , 7:36pm by kazita

sweettreats36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreats36 Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 4

Wondering if anyone has or knows of a duncan Hines recipe that wilton use to use for their decorating classes years ago.  I can't seem to find a cake recipe that anyone likes and find myself losing alot of business to a competitor in my area because I'm told her cake is buttery and moist.  Every recipe I have tried comes out with not much taste and not very moist.  I don't want to give up what I love but I'm at a stand still,  can someone please help me.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 4

duncan hines cake mix (arguably) makes a great cake without any help from wilton--they have spent milions on research and development to achieve this--they sell thousands daily i'm sure

honestly i think you need to concentrate on you and your baking--forget what wilton and your competition does

just make your next cake better than your last one ;)

do you think you might be over baking? did you make it according to the directions?

what happened to the flavor

what kind of icing are you using

so you want doctored mixes as opposed to cake recipes?

but a plain mix, made correctly, should be flavorful and moist without any changes

there's a wasc fomula on here where you add ingredients to a cake mix--you can do a search for it--very popular (thank you, kakeladi ;)

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 4
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

Am.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/nyc2me/made-from-scratch-taste maybe this recipe would be good using DH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%