Help Please I Need A Chocolate Ganache Recipe And Advice Lol

Baking By novice baker Updated 29 Mar 2013 , 6:15am by Evoir

novice baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novice baker Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 11:30pm
post #1 of 4

AHi again everyone

I have tried scrolling through all the posts but can't find it. I need a recipe for white chocolate and a dark chocolate ganache.

The cakes are in the freezer. If I take them out to defrost to ganache them , do I re freeze them? They won't be used till the 4 th of may or should I just leave them there till later? I am travelling with them on April 30 th

3 replies
Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 4

It depends whether you want a pouring ganache, or a ganache to crumb-coat your cake with (using an offset spatula to spread it on in a consistency of peanut butter).

Regardless, do not re-freeze a cake you have defrosted once already. Leave it in the freezer until the end of April just before your leave, then thaw, and cover in ganache. When it is sealed in ganache it will keep the cake moist until you are ready to serve it. Serve at room temperature. Alternatively, travel with cake as its thawing, then top/cover with ganache when you arrive at your destination.

novice baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novice baker Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 1:37am
post #3 of 4

AThanks for that. I was looking at using it for A crumb coat so spreading it on . Then when I am ready to put fondant on it do I need to glaze it with apricot Jam or something ?

Thanks so much

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 6:15am
post #4 of 4

You can used strained warm apricot jam, sugar syrup, or brush on very hot water. Don't leave any bare spots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%