How Do I Make Skylanders Hothead Figure??!!

Decorating By claireyclaire Updated 31 Aug 2013 , 6:55am by Aubrey2007

claireyclaire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claireyclaire Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 9:22pm
post #1 of 6

AHi I need to make a skylanders cake for my nephews birthday this Saturday. Only problem is that his favourite skylanders character is hothead! Any one got any suggestions on how to make him out of fondant? Thank you x can't work out how to put the picture on!!

5 replies
Lea17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lea17 Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 6

oohh  glad i'm not the only one that has been given the task of trying to recreate a skylander!!  Hope someone is able to help you, I had a look and it looks really complicated lol .... maybe after shaping it out of gumpaste, you could paint it? Or use modelling chocolate.  

I'll be honest I wouldn't know where to start so I can't really help lol, I don't know where to start with Tree Rex that I've been asked to do ...... so any feedback I'd be interested in too :)

Good luck :)

claireyclaire Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks they are so tricky! Spent the day researching modelling chocolate and rkt figures as alternatives!!

Aubrey2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aubrey2007 Posted 27 Aug 2013 , 5:06am
post #4 of 6

Did you ever make it?  I'm in the same boat for this weekend.  Post a pic if you did it.  =->

claireyclaire Posted 30 Aug 2013 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 6

AI did one but it wasn't great , really awful if I'm honest, I had his arms held up by pieces of dried spaghetti which everyone could see! It was for family luckily, I'd have been very embarrassed giving it to a paying customer! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3089998/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Aubrey2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aubrey2007 Posted 31 Aug 2013 , 6:55am
post #6 of 6

I think you're being hard on yourself.  It's good.  (Minus the spaghetti, right?  ;->)  Really though, the cake looks great.  The fondant work is nice and clean.  I'm totally winging mine.  It's midnight..the party is in the morning, and I haven't started my figure yet.  So good luck to me, right!  I hope mine turns out as good as yours did.  Thanks for posting a pic.  =->  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%