Fondant Cowboy Boot

Decorating By tlcbakery Updated 28 Mar 2013 , 12:57am by eringm

tlcbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlcbakery Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 5

I have an event coming up that I would like to make come 3D cowboy boot decorations from fondant.  I have seen the template for one version on here which is extremely helpful, but I want to make the toe more pointed, like a traditional boot.  

Anyone have ideas or done something like this before?!

Much appreciated!

4 replies
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 5

I would look for a chocolate mold that is 3D, ie: once you mold the two pices together, then you join them with a little gel, or edible glue.

I found 2 doing a quick search-

first pic is a rather large mold, 7" tall, but is $6 for the set of 2.

second pic is pricey $22, it is a soap mold, but I assume you could probably make your own with Barbie Doll or Ken boots, and some mold putty from HL.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), default quality

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

I just did a search for "3D boot molds" and these came up

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 4:30am
post #3 of 5

AI modified 2 templates I found on this site to make pointed cowboy boots. I have photos in my gallery. Sorry I haven't learned how to link photos from my iPad. hth

tlcbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlcbakery Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the mold idea - I think I will invest in that for next time, but unforunately don't think I have enough time to order them for this cake!  I didn't even think of that though - GREAT THINK!

eringm - I saw the boots (red, right?)  Good work!  Do you still have the template you used for them?  I think I know the one you are talking about that you modified - so I'll try doing something similar!  Thanks so much for the reference - that's so encouraging to see it can be done :)

eringm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eringm Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 12:57am
post #5 of 5

Thanks tlcbakery! I used the templates from kathyscc and dynee. I will try to post the links.

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1569491/

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1356882/a/1357882/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%