Coffee Creamer Ganache?

Decorating By bnbmom Updated 26 Mar 2013 , 4:48am by ellavanilla

bnbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnbmom Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 6

AHi there,

I want to make ganache so I can try to acheive sharp corners on my fondant cakes. Due to california's CFL, I am not allowed to use cream in my ganache. Has anyone made it successfully using liquid coffee creamer? Did it set up well and does anyone have a recipe for white chocolate ganache using liquid coffee creamer instead of cream?

Thanks for replies and recipe's

5 replies
Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 6

I made some with coconut cream a few weeks ago and it worked well . I did find it took a little longer to set up originally , before I could use it though. I think I left it a day and a half ,but then it was fine. I use a two to one ratio . 

ashleabrowncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleabrowncake Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 6

AI don't know about the coffee creamer, but for white chocolate ganache, and milk chocolate ganache I use a 3:1 ratio (chocolate:cream) and dark chocolate I use 2:1.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnbmom Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 1:35am
post #5 of 6

AThanks for all the info everybody!

The link had alot of info i need as well!

I will try it with silk soy milk and with coffee creamer. I keep thinking coffee creamer because they come in wonderful and different flavors. I just need to see if they will firm up the way I need them to on the cake.

My mission is to get sharper corners as mine are too rounded; but I am going to keep trying!

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 4:48am
post #6 of 6

keep in mind that the fat percentage is important. a lot of creamer doesn't have fat, but replaces that with sugar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%