Pricing Matrix Satin Ice Per Serving

Business By Heatherly30 Updated 25 Mar 2013 , 10:52pm by DeliciousDesserts

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 3

I downloaded an amazing pricing matrix from this forum.  I have spent all afternoon entering my ingredients, their prices, quantities, etc.  Perhaps my non mathematical brain is stuck, but I am at a loss for figuring out my cost per serving of Satin Ice.  I don't use a ton of fondant, so I only buy the 2 lb containers.  It costs me $15.99/2 lb container.  I'm not sure how many servings a container covers, therefore, I can't figure out my cost per serving.  Honestly, I'm confusing myself just trying to type out this post.  If anyone comprehends what I'm asking, please chime in :)

2 replies
SatinFineFoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SatinFineFoods Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Heatherly, the answer to your question really depends on how thin you roll out the fondant, how large a slice of cake you cut, etc. For information on how much fondant covers what size cake, you can see our website: http://satinice.com/product.php According the chart, you can cover a 12" round cake with a 2lb pail. It's mostly up to you how many slices you would like to cut from a cake. We estimate that there is about 1.5 tablespoons of fondant per serving. in a 2lb pail that's 30 servings. (This information should appear on your nutrition panel.) I hope that helps--- please let me know if you have any further questions! Thank you for your interest in Satin Ice!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 3

AWow! Yea Satin Ice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%