Question About Pineapple Sponge Cake .

Decorating By sweet treat Updated 27 Mar 2013 , 2:35am by sweet treat

sweet treat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet treat Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 2:56am
post #1 of 4

AHi, I've to make a pineapple sponge cake for baby shower. My question is can it be made as two tiered as sponge cake with whipped cream filling is too soft?? 2nd question: as the baby shower is button themed I'm thinking of making buttons by melting chocolate in button mould instead of fondant. Is it a good idea? And how far ahead I can make molded choc buttons??

Thanx, any help can be appreciated .

3 replies
sweet treat Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 7:26am
post #2 of 4

AWaiting...need help .

LizzieAylett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LizzieAylett Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 11:11am
post #3 of 4

Hi,

I don't know what recipe you are using, but generally the idea is that any additional tiers are supported by dowels etc so the weight is not resting on the tier underneath at all.  In this case, as long as each tier can support itself, then if you put enough support in, then it should be fine to do two tiers.

With regards to the chocolate, one concern is whether you temper it or not.  Sometimes it doesn't matter, but tempered chocolate is shinier and crisper.  Tempering is where you raise the temperature of the melted chocolate and cool it at specific temperatures.

If you do use chocolate, don't put it in the fridge to set as that can cause a whitish bloom on the chocolate.  With regards to timing, you can make them a reasonable time ahead as long as they won't melt or get eaten!

sweet treat Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 2:35am
post #4 of 4

AThanx for ur reply. I am thinking of using candy melts for buttons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%