The Life Of An At-Home Baker

Lounge By Norasmom Updated 4 Apr 2013 , 6:07am by Chellescakes

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 11

Ah, serenity.  My kitchen is immaculate, the floors have been mopped, everything has been put away, all surfaces are sparkling.  It's so nice.  Alas, it's time to start another project.   I so enjoyed my 2 hours of having a clean kitchen. icon_biggrin.gif  My serenity is not found in yoga, it's found in having my kitchen clean once in a great while...Anyone else?

10 replies
Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 11:13pm
post #2 of 11

I know that feeling!  Sure looks a lot different without the cutters, fondant buckets, bowls, cake boards, mixer, flour and sugar on the counters and floor....  Hard to believe it's the same kitchen, huh?  It feels really good to have it nice and clean and sparkly, but it's also nice to now that you're producing a labor of love with all that clutter, too!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 11

LOL! I always love how clean my kitchen is AFTER I finish baking. I clean it to within an inch of its life before I start so the clean up afterwards isn't so bad and it looks so nice...for a while...as long as no once looks in the room where I do the actual decorating icon_redface.gif. I posted a picture of it on Facebook a while back...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.106564279404985.10273.100001542403642&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=453402958054447&set=a.106564279404985.10273.100001542403642&type=3&theater

Shona-Kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shona-Kay Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 11

i have a question. i am new to cakecentral. i posted pictures of my work so far but i dont see them coming up in the galleries for people to see. what do i do?

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shona-Kay 

i have a question. i am new to cakecentral. i posted pictures of my work so far but i dont see them coming up in the galleries for people to see. what do i do?

Hi, Shona-Kay, welcome icon_biggrin.gif. For future reference, you'll get better answers if you start a thread with your question in the title. In the meantime, it looks like you posted your photos in a private album and not a community album. Unfortunately, I don't know how to move pictures once they're posted.

Shona-Kay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shona-Kay Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 11

thanks

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 8:23pm
post #7 of 11

A

Original message sent by Norasmom

Ah, serenity.  My kitchen is immaculate, the floors have been mopped, everything has been put away, all surfaces are sparkling.  It's so nice.  Alas, it's time to start another project.   I so enjoyed my 2 hours of having a clean kitchen. :D   My serenity is not found in yoga, it's found in having my kitchen clean once in a great while...Anyone else?

He he I'm so the same! I get this weird glee every time the whisks from my mixer get to actually go back in their draw! Lol

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 8:57pm
post #8 of 11

I love to be able to walk across a cool, clean floor barefoot and not have a ton of gunk stuck on my feet ;-)

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:09pm
post #9 of 11

AOmg I love this thread. You are all making me feel so much better about the working state of my kitchen! :)

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 11

AMy kitchen has been a wreck for the last week! I have more cake tools than I have places to put them... Finally got my kitchen clean today! Woohoo!!! However, my hubby just went to pick up some crawfish so it'll get funky again shortly... totally worth it for crawfish though!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 6:07am
post #11 of 11

For me the mess is the decorating area , Mudcakes and Ganache are easy on the clean up side. Two saucepans and a couple of whisks and some measuring cups is about all I dirty. 

My Dining room table on the other hand is almost always in a mess .  I had to clean it off this morning so I could start on the next project and so there was somewhere for the delivery guy to put the groceries. My Table is actually brown, who woulda thunk it . icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%