Looking For A Fondant Recipe That Is Easy To Knead, Roll, Etc.

Baking By RedInLove Updated 22 Mar 2013 , 9:13am by thebrat68

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 4

I'm taking the Wilton courses. The Wilton boxed fondant is stiff and took me forever to prepare for class, and that was just for 12oz to cover the cake board. For next week, I need to prepare fondant to cover an 8in 2layer cake. Please save my hands!

Additionally, I'll be making a cake to bring to my parent's house for Easter dinner, and if all goes well in class I might try to cover the Easter cake with fondant. So I'm also hoping to find something that tastes really good and won't have to be removed from the cake or anything. I'd use my class cake for Easter, but the cake will be a full week old by Easter Sunday so I want to make a fresh one.

I've seen recipes for MFF, Rhonda's MMF, and I basically have no idea where to begin on determining what one to use because I've only used the Wilton boxed fondant. I'm a beginner here but there is a good bakery supply store a few towns away so I should be able to obtain ingredients that a grocery store might not carry.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

3 replies
RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

Any suggestions? Please?

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 6:10am
post #3 of 4

I use Satin Ice.  It needs hardly any kneading and rolls easily.  I personally do not like the taste of fondant but everyone else, except for hubby, eats it.  Having said that there are people on this site who think that the taste of the Satin Ice is terrible.  Like anything, it is going to be trial and error for you until you discover what works and tastes the best for you.  You won't know until you try different recipes and brands.

thebrat68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thebrat68 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 9:13am
post #4 of 4

Macsmom MMF is what I use.Do a search for her recipe.  I have tried several others and I like hers best. I add the same flavoring that I added to the cake or buttercream to the fondant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%