Cc Makes Me Want To Eat Cake!

Lounge By Jennifer353 Updated 13 Apr 2013 , 7:31pm by iCookiBake

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 4:00pm
post #1 of 14

Does reading CakeCentral make anyone else want to eat cake? I love reading all the posts on here but for Lent I have given up chocolate, most cake and a lot of sweet things. I’m also trying to loose weight so craving cake is not good but regularly when I have been reading CC for a while all I want is a nice slice of cake or a yummy cupcake with a big buttercream swirl on top… Is it just me?

And/or does anyone have any suggestions beyond limiting my CC time (and to me being fat seems like a better option than that)

13 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 14

no it's me too i'm sure it's everybody

watching cupcake wars is the worst for me

but cc does make my mouth water more than i'm likely to admit

and no i've never ever drooled on my keyboard what could be more uncouthly*

the space bar just always has stuck like that ;)

*(a nod to the recent spell check thread ;) i specialize in awkward adverbials)

Jennifer353 Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 14

Luckily I dont get to watch Cupcake Wars but I can imagine!

Lol!

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 14

yeah cupcake wars--they focus on the flavors as much as the decor

they taste test and discuss it each of the three rounds then they tweak them  if necessary -- it's intense ;) and droolicious

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 4:50pm
post #5 of 14

AMe too. When I read, I keep thinking about recipes and I want to go make cakes and scarf 'em down.

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 6:08pm
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

Me too. When I read, I keep thinking about recipes and I want to go make cakes and scarf 'em down.

save your strength--nibble on chocolate chips (ghirardelli milk choco* mmm) and the desire to bake will dissipate

if it doesn't work--eat faster

*the blue bag ;)

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 8:50pm
post #7 of 14

Me too!  It is so hard to be on CakeCentral while trying to eat baby carrots for lunch. ha!!    I get hungry too while watching cake challenges on Food Network.  One time I knew there was marathon coming on so I went to the bakery at Publix and bought a dozen petit fours so I would be ready. icon_lol.gif

-K8memphis Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 8:55pm
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriLynn 

Me too!  It is so hard to be on CakeCentral while trying to eat baby carrots for lunch. ha!!    I get hungry too while watching cake challenges on Food Network.  One time I knew there was marathon coming on so I went to the bakery at Publix and bought a dozen petit fours so I would be ready. icon_lol.gif

even better!!!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 2:15am
post #9 of 14

Especially when the OP is very descriptive about the flavor of the cake/cupcake/etc.  I can almost smell it!  I''ve also found myself collecting more recipes.  My husband just laughs at me due to the number of recipes I've gotten off of CC and cakers' blogs.  I've tried a lot of them, but have many, many more that I still need to try!

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 2:48am
post #10 of 14

Surprisingly, I can sometimes satisfy my cravings by just reading the recipe, or looking through pages of collected recipes I have yet to try. I can get overwhelmed by the number of "gotta try" recipes and by the time I've finished and chosen one, the craving has passed. If I am truly determined to bake -when I really shouldn't- I brush my teeth with a real minty toothpaste and poof! the craving has vanished.

But I won't tell you about the times I have turned on the oven past midnight when I succumbed to the mad desire!

Jan

Jennifer353 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 11:46am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmaid42 

But I won't tell you about the times I have turned on the oven past midnight when I succumbed to the mad desire!

Jan

HaHa!!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 12:17pm
post #12 of 14

My name is Cazza1 and I'm a cakeoholic, chocoholic, ice-creamaholic, cookieaholic .... in fact if it has sugar in it and isn't fondant then I will probably love it.  Like milkmaid I often find sitting reading recipes helps enormously.  Strange because I can visualize what the cakes would look and taste like.  The  other things that I find really helpful are sugar free lollies.  I think without them I would be the size of a house.  You need to shop around until you find a brand you like but then they can be great sanity savers.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 12:01am
post #13 of 14

I swear I was born with a bar of chocolate in my hand, one of the earliest photos my parents have of me actually is of me with a giant bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk hanging out of my mouth. My doctor keeps telling me I need to lose 25lbs and I keep telling her she's delusional! 

I try to make something that I can pass along to others, so if I make cupcakes I box most of them up into 4s and pass them out the next day. I made cookies this afternoon and will send most of them in with my husband tomorrow. The big cakes are only to be baked when I have somewhere to take them.

iCookiBake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iCookiBake Posted 13 Apr 2013 , 7:31pm
post #14 of 14

I honestly don't care so much about eating cake. Give me a big hunk of chocolate without the cake, thanks LOL.

For me, I'm finding myself jonesing to BAKE.  I want to make cakes and give them away on the corner, just for the practice and experience!!! I wonder if anyone else feels this way or felt this way when they started out. I have found so many amazing ideas and they swirl around in my head at night when I go to bed and I just want to try everything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%