Cake Price?

Business By Sweets0622 Updated 17 Mar 2013 , 12:54am by jason_kraft

Sweets0622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweets0622 Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:25am
post #1 of 6

Hi,

I have only been decorating cakes for a couple years and have only really made for friends and family. Some people have asked how much I would charge and I am not sure what to ask for or what is fair?

Here is a picture of one of the cakes that I made for family.

How much would I be able to charge for something like this? Two tiers, 9 inch base, fondant, and a few details?

Thanks!

5 replies
Sammy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sammy09 Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:35am
post #2 of 6

AThat's totally up to you ;) There are lots of wonderful tips on this site.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:43am
post #3 of 6

AWhere do you live? In some areas you can legally sell cakes made from home, but some states require a licensed and inspected commercial kitchen, so you would need to factor the license/inspection fees into your pricing along with cost of ingredients, your labor, and markup reflecting local market price.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:45am
post #4 of 6

I don't sell cakes so can't personally help you but if you type               cake price cake central              into google a bunch of relevant threads on cake central show up and you could find pricing ideas there.

Sweets0622 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweets0622 Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:49am
post #5 of 6

I live in Ontario, Canada and you don't need any kind of licensing to sell cakes.

The ingredients probably cost me $25 or so... just wondering roughly what other people would charge?

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:54am
post #6 of 6

ATaking into account all other overhead like insurance, accounting, etc., the price for this cake would generally be in the $150-350 range depending on the local market.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%