Share Your Wedding Cake!!

Decorating By taartenmaker Updated 3 Sep 2013 , 2:25pm by cakeyouverymuch

mermaidcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mermaidcakery Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 12:34am
post #91 of 98

AHere is mine from 2002. My dress had embroidered daisies with ivy around the hem. I just remember looking at the bakers albums and seeing piped ivy. I asked for that and real flowers. The baker provided the flowers. I don't remember deciding on separate cakes. I think it was around $2.00 a serving[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3081531/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 8:46am
post #92 of 98

wow its amazing to see how the cake designs and trends have changed over the years!

bluemonkeycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluemonkeycakes Posted 19 Aug 2013 , 6:52pm
post #93 of 98

I love looking at people's wedding cakes, particularly the ones that have been made by family members or by brides themselves. It is easy to go to a shop and buy someone a gift, but making something such as a cake and then spending the time to personalise and decorate it is something that I think is pretty special. This is the cake I recently made for a friend's wedding. I also made my own and commend anyone who does it - pretty stressful when there are so many other things to think about! x

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 12:52pm
post #94 of 98

A

Original message sent by bluemonkeycakes

I love looking at people's wedding cakes, particularly the ones that have been made by family members or by brides themselves. It is easy to go to a shop and buy someone a gift, but making something such as a cake and then spending the time to personalise and decorate it is something that I think is pretty special. This is the cake I recently made for a friend's wedding. I also made my own and commend anyone who does it - pretty stressful when there are so many other things to think about! x [URL=http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3082295/] [/URL]

Great job!

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 20 Aug 2013 , 1:42pm
post #95 of 98

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

I had it on mine and I don't remember it being hard to cut, although the knife they gave us is pretty sharp! I guess there is something in it to stop it during super hard (glycerine I think).

From my super duper inherited 1970's macdougalls bakery book, it states the addition of glycerine keeps it soft and the addition of lemon juice makes it hard (rock hard!) my mum made my cake, it was themed with scrabble and Lego!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:07am
post #96 of 98

Here's my wedding cake.  It had a brown fondant ribbon and a fondant brooch to match the dress I wore.  We had a wedding with 120 people and my mom thought the slices were too small, so she said we should have doubled the size.

I didn't like the rose petals at the bottom, it took away from the beauty of the cake.  But it was delicious!!!

smittyditty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smittyditty Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 12:45pm
post #97 of 98

That was a beautiful cake NorasMom and I love the color of the ribbon. I've been thinking of doing a cake that color.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 3 Sep 2013 , 2:25pm
post #98 of 98

Never had a wedding cake, we semi eloped and it didn't seem important at the time.  We renewed our vows on August 4 of this year, and these are the two cakes I made to share with our guests:

It was our sixth anniversary and we renewed our vows.  This was one of two cakes we served to family and friends.  A carrot cake filled and frosted with cream cheese buttercream with a bit of white chocolate added to give it more body, topped with a fondant plaque.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%