Will It Matter If My Satin Ice Fondant Freezes During Shipping Or While Sitting On My Porch?

Decorating By Magda_MI Updated 14 Mar 2013 , 2:31am by Magda_MI

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 4

I have fondant ordered, and it looks like it will be delivered tomorrow while I'm at work.  I generally go straight to choir practice after work, and don't get home until 9:30pm on Thursdays.

Since temps are supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow, I'm worried the fondant will freeze while sitting on my porch.  I'm guessing this won't hurt it, but wanted to double check here.

It will be at least a week before I use any of it, so it will have plenty of time to thaw before I need it.  I might be able to run home between work and choir, depending how late I have to work, but I'd be driving 40 minutes to be home for 15 minutes, which seems wasteful.

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 12:24am
post #2 of 4

even if it's 20 i think it will be ok--espescially if it's the higher 20's (brrrr)

assuming it is not frozen when it arrives but of course it will be very cold

but it would take probably at least overnight for it to really freeze solid don't you think?

i mean think if you wanted it frozen--you would leave it out longer than a few hours? no?

i think it's gonna be ok till you get home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm a wus anymore--it was in the low 50's here and it was "cold" today ;)

need me some spring!!! 8 more days!!!  icon_biggrin.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 2:06am
post #3 of 4

I freeze my fondant, if I won't be using it for a week, or more, so I am sure it will be just fine once it thaws.

Magda_MI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magda_MI Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 2:31am
post #4 of 4

Thanks folks!  I won't worry about it.

Looks like the forecast has improved a bit too, so it should be in the 30s during the day, and only down to 27 at night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%