Which Edible Ink Is Best For Epson Printers?

Decorating By stevedupont Updated 19 Mar 2013 , 9:17pm by BakingIrene

stevedupont Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stevedupont Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone,

I want to use an Epson printer for printing edible images.

I know that some of you may tell me to switch to a Canon printer if it comes to print with edible inks, but for several reasons this is not possible - I can only use an Epson printer.

There are several online shops out there that offer Epson ink, but unfortunately I do hear a lot about clogging printheads.

I will use the printer on the daily basis, so clogging because the printer hasn't been used for some weeks will NOT be an issue.

Can anyone recommend one of the following manufacturers of edible inks for Epson?

- inkedibles.com

- kopykake.com

- icingimages.com

Any advice or recommandations are welcome :-)

5 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 6

Use icingimages ink if they sell ink that has been toned for Epson. They sell the highest quality you can buy.

Your other option is to check out goldaskitchen.com because they sell proper refillable cartridges and ink by the bottle. 

For Epson, you have to wait 2 minutes before replacing a refilled refillable cartridge. Otherwise printing one page per week is enough to keep Epson rpint heads clean.

Finally, you can buy the counter-resetting software on ebay.co.uk and it is worth the small price. Sooner or later you will need to do that, better DIY instead of an $80 shop service charge.

stevedupont Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 10:07am
post #3 of 6

Thanks Irene,

goldasktichen.com seems to resell kopyform inks - which was one of the supplier I mentioned.

I am more looking for an advice from someone who has actually used one of the edible inks with an epson printer and who can recommend ONE manufacturer, rather than telling me

where I could buy such inks.

I am seeking for a recommandation based on ones own experience.

Anyone else ?

stevedupont Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 6

no one? *bump*

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6

I am the owner of Icing images. I sell both Canon and Espon. But we are trying to get away from Epsons due to the high volume of problems associated with Epson and edible inks. My job is to break the machines and get them working again and I am sorry to say Epsons do not fit the bill. So , I am not sure as to why it is that you have to use an Epson, but if you want to PM me I can go through and possibly help you out if I understand your situation a little better.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 6

My experience with Epson printers is positive...but that they are very finicky about which refillable cartridges you buy.  I use the ones that had a blue label on the side, with coloured plugs.  There are other sorts of refillables and I have stopped buying them because I couldn't get them in properly.

In fact it's so bad that my local photo supplier was reselling Epson printers that had been returned soon after purchase.  I asked, and they said that people owned several and kept rotating them into the shop for service.  So one of those "returned" $400 printers cost me $125 with a full warranty and it's still working three years later.  But the danged thing is only happy with OEM cartridges...Its clone bought a year earlier is just as happy with refillables.

So maybe it's Epson doing their best to defuse the use of refillables.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%