This Is So Cute! Great Idea!

Decorating By debidehm Updated 13 Mar 2013 , 2:19pm by cakeyouverymuch

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:41am
post #1 of 12

http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles/965787/diy-cake-postcard-tutorial

This is a cute idea to those family members out of state that always want me to send them a cake! Might be a good (cake)promo idea too! I think I would add little multi-colored glass beads on top of the caulk also to look like little sprinkles! :)

11 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 5:45am
post #2 of 12

Perfect for all my friends that are always asking me to send them some cake!

docofthedead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
docofthedead Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 9:10am
post #3 of 12

I just LOVE this!!!

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 12

Cute.  Thanks for posting.

Shortkaik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shortkaik Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 12

Oh this is so cool!  Just in time to make some as April Fool's jokes, too.... Muahaha.

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 3:42pm
post #6 of 12

The sponge looks like what they sell for cleaning fresh grout when tiling.  If you have a Menards hardware/lumber near you I just saw the three pack for $.99 yesterday. 

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 12

This was great.  I'll probably never make one, but it was sure fun to think about it.

kimbm04r Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbm04r Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 1:11am
post #8 of 12

This is great but I bet my daughter would dis-own me forever if I sent this to her as April fools.

I made her a cake for her birthday a couple years ago and delivered it to her at work.  She spent at several minutes trying to cut it before figuring out it was fake (foam weighted with sand).  She was really upset because she was looking forward to the cake, that is until a co-worker finally brought in the "real" thing.  This was payback for her tricking me into making my own birthday cake.

Hmmmm, she is pregnant, wonder what this would be like for a baby shower invite?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 6:06am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbm04r 

This is great but I bet my daughter would dis-own me forever if I sent this to her as April fools.

I made her a cake for her birthday a couple years ago and delivered it to her at work.  She spent at several minutes trying to cut it before figuring out it was fake (foam weighted with sand).  She was really upset because she was looking forward to the cake, that is until a co-worker finally brought in the "real" thing.  This was payback for her tricking me into making my own birthday cake.

Hmmmm, she is pregnant, wonder what this would be like for a baby shower invite?

Triple Dog Dare Ya!

(Great story)

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 10:57am
post #10 of 12

I'm making one of these to show portion sizes to clueless customers!!! Up until now I was using the cardboard version made from the templates on CC but this looks soooo much better!

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 1:42pm
post #11 of 12

This would be good to show customers sample sizes too.  Nicer to look at then the cardboard cut outs.  Very cool.  I might just make some. 

Thanks for sharing.

MsGF

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 2:19pm
post #12 of 12

Dayti and MsGF

This thread was the last thing I checked out before I signed off last night.  I woke up thinking exactly how great this would be to use as portion samples.  Adding the hardware store to my shopping trip tomorrow.  Lets compare finished products. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%