Kissie Face Client Consultation, Urg

Business By Stitches Updated 11 Mar 2013 , 3:23pm by jason_kraft

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 1:05am
post #1 of 9

I met with a couple this weekend for a wedding cake consult and the fiance couldn't stop kissing and touching his bride to be. She spoke no English and he was her interpreter to me. It was unbelievably uncomfortable for me (it might have been for the bride too). Everytime she talked he played with her, distracting the whole conversation or he'd add in his two sense pointing and laughing at another cake we weren't talking about. 

Maybe if I was a parent myself I'd be prepared for how to handle kids like this. Those of you with and with-out kids, how would you have dealt with this childish grooms behavior?

Help, I need some advise on how to handle situations like this if it ever happens again.

8 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 1:17am
post #2 of 9

Pass me the bucket. 

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 1:59am
post #3 of 9

AHow long did the consult last? Did you specify an ending time? If not, and the process was not moving along efficiently, I would have mentioned that I had another appt scheduled shortly so the consult needs to be wrapped up by X (where X is 30 minutes from now, or 15, or 5 depending on how bad things were).

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 2:12am
post #4 of 9

eewww awkward mcawkwardkins

i don't know

i woulda tried out my evil eye i've been perfecting but wow too much huh

he probably woulda been oblivious to it though

did they book the cake?

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 2:26am
post #5 of 9

Ugh. I can't stand that mushy stuff. I probably couldn't have disguised the taste of vomit in my mouth.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 3:37am
post #6 of 9

Probably would have just given them one of these looks 0_o

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 2:03pm
post #7 of 9

I just kept redirecting the conversation over and over. I offered to meet again and if the groom wasn't available I could find someone to interpet.....knowing damn well I wouldn't be available when the groom was.

I did manage to keep it to 1 hour exactly, but it didn't end with a booking even though they had called me 3 times insisting they had to have a cake from me. They know my pricing and they are having 300 people so I want this order. Now, I can't decide if I want to keep quiet and let them persue me again (risking loosing them) or if I should ignore the whole groom thing and keep trying for the order with updates on designs.

what to do???????????? I know the groom had a cash 50% deposit with him..................

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 2:15pm
post #8 of 9

whoa 300 servings--that's some nice coin there

but language barrier plus overboard kissy facin'

i would easily pass on it myself

if i can on purpose avoid a big fat headache--yeah good--i'll stay 300 servings poorer--thank you very much

but then again it all depends on that big fat utility billl that's gotta get paid too

that's just me--i'd say no

good luck--hugs and kisses to you too  icon_lol.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 9

AI would follow up one more time in a few days if you haven't heard from them, by email only.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%