Suggestions On Eggplant Shaped Cake Balls Or Pie Shaped Cake Balls?

Decorating By beachandsweets Updated 10 Mar 2013 , 11:02pm by beachandsweets

beachandsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachandsweets Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 5

This may seem strange but for my friends birthday I want to make eggplant shaped cake balls (long story) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions!

Also I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on making pie shaped cake balls- not actual pie filling- can't find them anywhere!

4 replies
beachandsweets Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 5

help help help pleeeez

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 5

I don't make cake pops*, but to make the eggplant...after you roll your ball, just elongate it to an oval, making sure to keep one end narrower than the other; you can run your finger around it (about 2/3 down from the narrow end) to accentuate the curve that an eggplant has.

I can't help with the pie. I think if I were making them I'd roll the cake ball mixture to the thickness I wanted, chill it, and then use a round cookie cutter to cut out pie shapes and then decorate them to look like pies. That probably doesn't really help...

*In the interest of full disclosure icon_lol.gif, I actually am in the process of making my first ever cake pops right now. I had some cake scraps and leftover bc and decided to give them a try. They are chilling now. I haven't dipped them yet.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 10:17pm
post #4 of 5

You might check out the clay section of your local Joann/Michaels and see if they have any molds. 

beachandsweets Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 5

The eggplant suggestion was very helpful thank you Elcee! And I never thought of a mold thank you kikiandkyle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%