Cupcake Bouquet Disaster!

Decorating By Lea17 Updated 5 Apr 2013 , 9:33am by Nom nom nom

Lea17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lea17 Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 10

I made my first cupcake bouquet today and it went wrong!!  It was all ok til the bottom cakes started falling off the sticks :(  I used 3 cocktails sticks for each cake, I'm thinking the cakes were too soft in the middle, could that be???  Is there a particular cupcake mix to use for doing this?

9 replies
Lea17 Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 3:56pm
post #2 of 10

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2943959/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

This is just before the cakes started falling, I think one had already fallen off and I had tried to fix if lol

purplerain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
purplerain Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 10

AThe best method when doing cupcake bouquets is to use the cup method, there is the 2oz cups that a standatd size cupcake fits into. You staple the cups together and secure the into the vase with styrofoam using toothpicks

Lea17 Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 10

AOh I think I know how you mean! I'll try that way next time! I'm gutted this didn't turn out as good as I hoped as I need it tomorrow for my mum for Mother's Day :( ...... Nevermind! Thanks again for tip!

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 8 Mar 2013 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 10

Your cupcake bouquet looks beautiful!

Incase you wish to try the cup method next time, here is a good tutorial:

http://cakecentral.com/a/rose-bouquet-cupcakes

MELROSE315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MELROSE315 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 3:24am
post #6 of 10

I also just made my first bouquet... I was worried about this too.. I used 3 toothpicks in a triangle pattern the bottom one was angled almost straight up towards the top of the bouquet. It held together really well. These are fun to make! Yours looked lovely.

Lea17 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 8:24am
post #7 of 10

AAh I used 3 picks too but didn't think to angle one up towards the top! Lol. And trying to do the piping on the bottom ones was a nightmare at that angle! I'll def try the cup ones, thanks for the tutorial Missy227 :)

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 4:39pm
post #8 of 10

You're very welcome.

Here is a forum link that you might also find interesting reading.

http://cakecentral.com/t/754565/qs-about-cupcake-bouquet

Nom nom nom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nom nom nom Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 2:56pm
post #9 of 10

Another thing you can do is make it in a box like in my pic. This is an alternative to the using the cup method as you do not need to use the cup method. To make it in a box you cut slits into your box. Then you insert a flower pot inside. Add tissue paper and a polystyrene ball. I used 2 toothpicks per cupcake but you can use more if you wish. Stick the toothpicks into the cupcakes and also stick it into the polystyrene ball. To make it look pretty I added some ribbon around the box but you don't need too :)

Nom nom nom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nom nom nom Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 9:33am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nom nom nom 

Another thing you can do is make it in a box like in my pic. This is an alternative to the using the cup method as you do not need to use the cup method. To make it in a box you cut slits into your box. Then you insert a flower pot inside. Add tissue paper and a polystyrene ball. I used 2 toothpicks per cupcake but you can use more if you wish. Stick the toothpicks into the cupcakes and also stick it into the polystyrene ball. To make it look pretty I added some ribbon around the box but you don't need too :)

Sweet Tooth Cake Creations originally created the tutorial I described above. If you look on their facebook page you will find the full tutorial with pics etc. Hope it helps :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%