Cherry Chip Cake??

Decorating By Jx2MAMA Updated 7 Mar 2013 , 6:50am by benicakes

Jx2MAMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jx2MAMA Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:36am
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I am brand new to the boards but have been lurking for some time. I am a fairly new cake business OWNER but have been doing them personally for a while. I'm located in Tennessee and recently was asked by a customer (who is originally from Minnesota) for a cherry chip cake. She acted like that was a common flavor so I felt dumb to ask and just nodded my head and smiled thinking I could google it. But when I googled I came up with a few recipes. Some there were chocolate cherry, some that were white cherry so I am wondering if there is a general recipe for a common cherry chip??

3 replies
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:40am
post #2 of 4

AI've heard of both chocolate and vanilla cherry flavors. I've also baked both. I would assume your customer is talking about vanilla cherry. Of course I can't be certain of that, but I would think *chocolate* cherry would have been specified.

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:42am
post #3 of 4

AI probably didn't help much. Maybe you should contact your customer and tell her that you've got delicious recipes for both chocolate and vanilla, but wasn't sure which she wanted.

benicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
benicakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:50am
post #4 of 4

I'm from Iowa and a cherry chip cake is a boxed Betty Crocker flavor.  I don't know how it is replicated homemade.  Might ask her if she wants the boxed flavor of it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%