Client Gave Me A Picture Of Bedding She Want The Cake To Match.....

Decorating By Rachelblooms Updated 5 Mar 2013 , 6:06pm by Rachelblooms

Rachelblooms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachelblooms Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 7:18am
post #1 of 5

Its for a baby shower...any ideas?? She wants 2 tiers..thanks in advance...I'm in a creative slump..lol

4 replies
tabathaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabathaba Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 5

I would ask her what colors she likes most. That's a lot of different colors to work with. Also, does she want the tools, the trucks, the stars, all of them?

You need to know how much latitude you have for extra decoration. You could go all out, but how much did you quote for extra decorations? Just make sure you aren't going to spend too much time on a cake and not make any money on it.

Rachelblooms Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for replying!! She said a couple of trucks and maybe a couple of tools...she as no color preference...I was thinking maybe brown bottom tier with either dark blue top or green...perhaps stripes of color on bottom, maybe blue green and yellow? And the top to have dump truck on one side and cement mixer on the other....it's a small cake only for 10-15 people...what do ya think?

dawnybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnybird Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelblooms 

Thanks for replying!! She said a couple of trucks and maybe a couple of tools...she as no color preference...I was thinking maybe brown bottom tier with either dark blue top or green...perhaps stripes of color on bottom, maybe blue green and yellow? And the top to have dump truck on one side and cement mixer on the other....it's a small cake only for 10-15 people...what do ya think?

I think the stripes on bottom sound great, but more work of course. Where will you put the tools? It sounds like you already have a good plan in your head. If you go with solid color tiers, maybe a couple of tools around the bottom tier? If you wanted to incorporate the stars, you could always put them above the cake on wires (properly imbedded in a chocolate filled straw or something, not directly into the cake!!)  Good luck!

Rachelblooms Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I did forget to mention the tools..that is exactly what I had in mind...either on the sides of bottom tier over stripes or on the board...great idea for the stars!!  Hate when people put items in the cake incorrectly..it's one of my pet peeves!! Lol or when then put glitter letters that are meant for wall decor on cakes, directly on the icing..yucko!!! Haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%