Purple Ombre Cake

Decorating By dchinda Updated 5 Mar 2013 , 9:21pm by Sassyzan

dchinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchinda Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 8

I baked my first ombre cake last night. The layers turned out pretty good except for the fact that the cakes have pink specs all throughout each layer. Can some one please explain why this happened & how I can prevent this in the future? Thank you in advance!

7 replies
dchinda Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 8

Does anyone know how I can prevent this issue in the future? I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

rsquared02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rsquared02 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 8

What coloring did you use?

meriem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriem Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 8

AThat's seems really odd, maybe the colouring wasn't mixed throughly enough into the batter? Can't really think how pink got in there, apart from something to do with the colouring.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:40pm
post #5 of 8

I have no clue, I would also like to know what brand it is. At least it is pretty!

dchinda Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:48pm
post #6 of 8

I used Americolor's Regal Purple. The color was completely mixed in to the batter before I baked the layers. I am so perplexed as to why the pink specs would show up after the layers were baked.

dchinda Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 8

I also forgot to mention that is was a newer bottle of color so I don't think the color went bad or anything.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 8

APurple has a tendency to fade very fast if you leave it in the light. Maybe it reacted with something in the batter and broke down. I'm thinking the baking soda or possibly whatever acid is in the cake? Maybe try again mixing your own purple color with red and blue and see what happens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%