Cake Decoration As A Part Time?

Business By SahanaChiwane Updated 3 Mar 2013 , 5:50am by jason_kraft

SahanaChiwane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SahanaChiwane Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 3:07am
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

I was curious to know if its possible to get a part time of decorating cakes and if yes, how much can one earn out of it?

3 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 4:50am
post #2 of 4

AIt depends. Putting together a business plan that outlines your costs (including compliance with local regulations) and estimated revenue should answer your question.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 5:27am
post #3 of 4

AYou mean a part time job decorating cakes, for someone else? You do NOT need a business plan for that! Lol! :eyeroll:

Where I worked several years ago, full time for $1 more than minimum wage, we had several part time decorators that came in on Thursday and Friday only. They were paid the same as me. They are paying much better now, but still about $10-12 and hour, for 2 10-12 hour days. So basically, before taxes, it is $200 to $300 a week.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 5:50am
post #4 of 4

A

Original message sent by Annabakescakes

You mean a part time job decorating cakes, for someone else? You do NOT need a business plan for that!

My assumption was that OP was asking about starting a business doing cake decorating on a part-time basis, since if the question was about how much money you can earn working for someone else it could have easily been answered by contacting local employers advertising open positions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%