Are You A Member Of Wedding Wire?

Business By bittersweety Updated 13 Nov 2013 , 3:41pm by cai0311

bittersweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweety Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 13

just wondering how many of you are registered vendors on Wedding Wire? Have you noticed an increase in business from it? I'm thinking of joining but just wanted to know if its worth it?

thanks!!!

12 replies
kisamarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisamarie Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 13

I'm on Wedding Wire!!  I only have a free account and when you type in my business name in my city in the search, my name doesn't come up.  I think because it's a free account, but I got a few of my customers to write reviews and a Marketing company that put on a bridal show I had a booth at, wrote a really nice endorsement for me.  I cant afford a paid account right now, but I would get one in a heart beat if I had the $$.

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/chloes-couture-cakes-rockwall/cdb67992cd73ac11.html

You can check out my Storefront!icon_biggrin.gif

kisamarie Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 13

I haven't gotten any business yet, but it's because my storefront is hard to find because it's free.  The more reviews you get the higher they move your name up on a list that makes your name show up in searches.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 10:19pm
post #4 of 13

Wedding Wire is good for reviews, but also bad for reviews since people can post any BS they want on there. I wouldn't pay for an ad on there.

loveweddings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveweddings Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:25pm
post #5 of 13

I would not recommend Wedding Wire to any vendor for any reason.  I am a professional wedding photographer and when I was starting out, I had a free account.  I belonged for over two years and NEVER got a lead from them.  A few months ago, I went into my account page and discovered that because I had a "free" account, there were several competitor photographers in my same location that were posted on my account page!!!  When I complain about that to Wedding Wire, I was told that was what Wedding Wire allowed the "paying" photographers to do to help drive business to them and if I wanted it to stop, I must sign a contract with them.  Needless to say, I did not sign that contract and I requested my account to be deleted.  I have since found out that they are a complete rip off.  Avoid them, do not sign a contract nor have a free account.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 13

AI have a free account & like it. The link to my web page helps increase increase my SEO & I have gotten a couple of clients from it. I'm sure if I paid I would get more clients, but I don't have the budget or it.

I also like being able to link clients to reviews. Although anyone can write anything, wedding wire allows you to respond to reviews.

I say it can't hurt I try free.

sarahdal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahdal Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 13

Free customer leads from www.cakebroker.com. No catch completely free icon_smile.gif

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 28 Sep 2013 , 5:46pm
post #8 of 13

I know a friend who does weddings exclusively has a paid account on there and she said it has been really good... she receives a LOT of business from weddingwire.

camomama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camomama5 Posted 7 Nov 2013 , 9:53pm
post #9 of 13

I just searched cc and this thread came up so I'm a little late in the conversation but I also just signed up for a paid acct....the 2nd from most expensive(it's $110/mo). If you go on and search wedding cakes in that area I'm at the very very top of the list......so that's good, right?? (IF, in fact, brides use wedding wire to plan their weddings) That is the difference between the free accounts and paid. I'm still not sure I did the right thing. I've been really worried I made a mistake but if this time of year is truly the wedding planning season and Nov is peak month.....AND....if in Oct. alone they saw over 3,100 searches on wedding cakes in my area alone I felt like I really needed to try it. Still worried. $110 a month is not the end of the world but it is a good amt over the course of a year. Anyone else have a paid account???

BlusteringBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlusteringBaker Posted 8 Nov 2013 , 4:11pm
post #10 of 13

I have a free account and like being able to link to the reviews.  

I once had to dispute a review (disgruntled, non-wedding, customer).  WW was very helpful and it was quickly resolved/taken down.  I was actually surprised, being that I only have the free account.  

They do call me often trying to get me to upgrade, which is annoying.  I can't justify spending $75/month on that right now.  From reading through the posts, it may be worth it to upgrade one day.  

kisamarie Posted 11 Nov 2013 , 4:31pm
post #11 of 13

AI actually was just approached by a venue wanting to use me exclusively, based partly on my wedding wire reviews!

SnLSweetEscapes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SnLSweetEscapes Posted 12 Nov 2013 , 2:58am
post #12 of 13

I have a paid account on Wedding Wire.  I told myself I was going to give it a 6 month trial.  I have responded to ALL the possible listings and have NEVER received anything back.  Canceling my paid membership.

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 13 Nov 2013 , 3:41pm
post #13 of 13

AI have a free membership. I always ask brides how they found me and about 30% say Wedding Wire. They don't fill out the form through Wedding Wire to send a formal inquiry - they just call my business directly from the number listed on the site. It is a great website for reviews - that is the main reason I use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%