Unmanned Venues – Who Signs For Delivery?

Business By Crazy-Gray Updated 26 Mar 2013 , 6:58am by ShelbyLyn

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 1:33pm
post #31 of 54

i agree, Kara

and that's another reason why i like to fly under the radar (not regarding licensing) but when delivering--i'm just a well oiled cog in the wedding wheel

"don't worry about your cake i'll take care of everything for you" -- it's a done deal

and you will leave me alone in return is what i'm thinking/hoping/planning on --and it really works for me

keep all your drama elsewhere, no thank you anyway icon_biggrin.gif

it's a business relationship in connection with the biggest day of their lives probably so it's an important factor to me to be seamless and faceless

the cake adds to the whir of adrenaline pulsing through everyone's veins that day-- it says behold me and eat me and be blessed on your most special day

we'll haggle and try to prove and certify and sign some other day

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 3:21pm
post #32 of 54

Looking back at my contract:

…We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after collection/delivery and setup (if applicable) is complete. Cakes will be photographed as collected/ delivered. You are responsible for providing an appropriate table and environment for your cake(s)…

I feel that this actually pro-actively negates my need for a signed delivery note just as you suggested Jason. Asking for a signed delivery note is essentially asking them to sign off the same clause twice. I'm also saying that I will record proof of how I left the cake.

…Should you be displeased with the quality of your product; you cake will be assed in terms of agreed design; should the unlikely situation arise that you are displeased with the flavour of your cake, samples must be retained, double wrapped in cellophane/cling wrap, frozen and returned to as such for assessment within 24 hours. We will assess the quality and determine whether there is an issue. Assessment will include all aspects of design, structure, cake handling, transport and storage. Our decision on quality is final…

I originally wrote this as a "oi- I've already thought of all the things you might complain about so don't try anything!" but after all your thoughts I see that it also serves the customer in that I am accepting fault if my design was wrong, my structure failed, cake was dry... as well as releasing me if I wasn't at fault. 

Looks like the lights were in I just wasn't home to see em!

-K8memphis Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 7:14pm
post #33 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Gray 

…We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after collection/delivery and setup (if applicable) is complete. Cakes will be photographed as collected/ delivered. You are responsible for providing an appropriate table and environment for your cake(s)…

I feel that this actually pro-actively negates my need for a signed delivery note just as you suggested Jason. Asking for a signed delivery note is essentially asking them to sign off the same clause twice. I'm also saying that I will record proof of how I left the cake.

…Should you be displeased with the quality of your product; you cake will be assed in terms of agreed design; should the unlikely situation arise that you are displeased with the flavour of your cake, samples must be retained, double wrapped in cellophane/cling wrap, frozen and returned to as such for assessment within 24 hours. We will assess the quality and determine whether there is an issue. Assessment will include all aspects of design, structure, cake handling, transport and storage. Our decision on quality is final…

I originally wrote this as a "oi- I've already thought of all the things you might complain about so don't try anything!" but after all your thoughts I see that it also serves the customer in that I am accepting fault if my design was wrong, my structure failed, cake was dry... as well as releasing me if I wasn't at fault. 

Looks like the lights were in I just wasn't home to see em!

full disclosure--i am a typo queen no if ans or butts (sic)

but i am laughing so hard at this typo--does it really say that in your contract????

so you just tell 'em right up front --we're gonna ass your cake--so you don't need a signature or a photo!!!!!

-K8memphis Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 7:28pm
post #34 of 54

my skinny 6'4" son--it rarely snows here or gets below freezing much--he literally had zero body fat 

he went to kansas city for a cyclocross race when it was twenty below zero

he coined a new family idiom-- "ass cold"

so "assing" anything is an unpleasant extreme in our home grown dictionary

i am of course only gently teasing you--and i mean in light of all the yellow snow and cat poo ideas this week too

been a down & dirty week on cc icon_lol.gif

Crazy-Gray Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:09pm
post #35 of 54

OMG OMFG I can't believe that!!!! There I am all done on my last darn cake for tomorrow thinking "I wonder if that thread I thought would attract no attention has any more replies......" And then I near spit my coffee all over a pink "hello mummy, goodbye tummy" cake!! 

I sincerely hoped that was a copy-paste to CC typo.... Alas I just checked..... I can't stop laughing!!...... At least I will only Ass their cake if they have a problem with design or flavour!!

Thanks Kate, I owe you a pint, or a cake lol....... Maybe I should photoshop myself a trophy for my other thread!

...it's actually amazing, you wouldn't believe how many customers and proof readers have missed that!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:19pm
post #36 of 54
Quote:

OMG OMFG I can't believe that!!!! There I am all done on my last darn cake for tomorrow thinking "I wonder if that thread I thought would attract no attention has any more replies......" And then I near spit my coffee all over a pink "hello mummy, goodbye tummy" cake!! 

I sincerely hoped that was a copy-paste to CC typo.... Alas I just checked..... I can't stop laughing!!...... At least I will only Ass their cake if they have a problem with design or flavour!!

Thanks Kate, I owe you a pint, or a cake lol....... Maybe I should photoshop myself a trophy for my other thread!

...it's actually amazing, you wouldn't believe how many customers and proof readers have missed that!!

I was going to ask how you ass the cake too, but I figured that the censoring software on this site would pick it up. I ASSume you meant ASSess in the contract?

Crazy-Gray Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:33pm
post #37 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

I was going to ask how you ass the cake too, but I figured that the censoring software on this site would pick it up. I ASSume you meant ASSess in the contract?

ASStonishingly Accurate ASSumption!

Crazy-Gray Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:35pm
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i am of course only gently teasing you--and i mean in light of all the yellow snow and cat poo ideas this week too

That was a fabulous thread wasn't it! Had me chuckling like a child all day! ....I still can't get the image of the filling glasses out of my brain!!

-K8memphis Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:54pm
post #39 of 54

if it's true that laughter is the best medicine

<waving hands high overhead>

<shouting heavenward>  "i've been healed!!!!!"

except for the tummy ache from laughing so hard ;)

perhaps a new topic of discussion for the friday night cake club--'got any cakes you had to ass this week?'

icon_lol.gif

<snortle wheeze>

-K8memphis Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 9:43pm
post #40 of 54

i can just see the next ices convention--there'll be a demo on cake arsing

the hands on classes will sell out first

mercy!!!!

icon_lol.gif

Crazy-Gray Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 9:57pm
post #41 of 54

A-my poor tummy!!! It hurts even just to breathe now let alone laugh!

......at the convention, can i pick 'volunteers' for the silicone moulding?

(...carefully hides phone from wife...)

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 3:25pm
post #42 of 54

I'm crying right now...

Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 6:47pm
post #43 of 54

AAnd there was i crossing my fingers hoping my admission of cake assing would never return to the forefront! ......im gonna have to post some killer cake pics to redeem myself now! Lol

costumeczar Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 10:06pm
post #44 of 54

I was going to be funny and post a link to a picture of a baby butt cake, but I accidentally typed in "butt cake" into google images and I wasn't prepared for the sights that resulted.

Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Mar 2013 , 10:37pm
post #45 of 54

A......curiosity; my downfall again..... I will never be able to 'unsee' those google results!!

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 23 Mar 2013 , 4:45am
post #46 of 54

Thank you so much to the participants in this thread , I think I just broke another couple of ribs laughing. 

pbuder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pbuder Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 5:15pm
post #47 of 54

Oh my gosh! I laughed till I cried. I couldn't help looking at google either. Some of those are just really tasteless and who wants to eat a piece of A## Cake really? Even the baby ones just don't pass as 'edible' to my senses.

I have to admit I did like the one that had 'Cancer can kiss it!' written across it but I probably would still have a hard time accepting a slice.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 8:29pm
post #48 of 54
Quote:

…Should you be displeased with the quality of your product; you cake will be assed in terms of agreed design;

Hopefully, your contract doesn't really say "you cake".

costumeczar Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:19pm
post #49 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41 

Hopefully, your contract doesn't really say "you cake".

If it does, the "assed" will distract people from it. I didn't even notice that part until you pointed it out!

Crazy-Gray Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:32pm
post #50 of 54

.........Gray hangs head in shame.............

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 9:59pm
post #51 of 54
Quote:

.........Gray hangs head in shame.............

hehe, I have read the 'assed' bit at least half a dozen times now, and it still cracks me up! (get it?? :P)

Mine was written up by a lawyer, and there were still a couple spelling mistakes in it, at least someone here noticed it before a client, lol.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 10:12pm
post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s 

I delivered wedding cakes for 12 years.  How many times did I get a signature?

Zero.

I did however, get lots of pictures, to prove "Its was FINE when I left it!"

100x like :)

it states in my contract that my photo will serve as proof of delivery. I take lots of close-ups from all angles, and a couple wide shots to show where in the room the cake table is sitting

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 10:39pm
post #53 of 54

I read it like someone really ghetto is going to ass the cake.

Thanks for this Gray, it's a gem ;)

ShelbyLyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelbyLyn Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 6:58am
post #54 of 54

I just woke my husband up laughing :)

thank you, and good night. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%