Whats Your Favorite Fondant Brand And Why?

Decorating By bittersweety Updated 9 Mar 2013 , 10:36pm by Cakemommy2012

bittersweety Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bittersweety Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 4

hey all,

i use satin ice and always have, however, i have been watching Marina Sousa's videos and her fondant always seems to be a bit stiffer and never too floppy and always keeps its shine even when she working with it. it looks almost more like modeling chocolate but its not. I know she likes to chill her fondant after its been rolled out so that its a bit easier to work with, and know she uses some Fondarific in her videos but i was just wondering what everyones favorite brand of fondant is and why?  thanks!

3 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 4

I use Satin Ice for my chocolate, black, purple & hot pink.   All other colors I make by using white Fondx.

slapsappyhappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slapsappyhappy Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 4

I like Satin Ice. Duff is TERRIBLE, it never hardened and was difficult to work with because you have to microwave it to soften it and then it just stays soft. I got a sampler pack of Fondarific to taste the different flavors. They were delicious but I do not know what its like to work with. I also tried Massa Ticino, which is supposed to be the Rolls Royce of fondants. It tasted delicious and was a little stickier than Satin ice but it is so expensive that it is not practical to use for every cake. Wilton is gross tasting but very easy to work with. I also tried Pettinice and it tasted pretty good and was easy to work with. As you can see I like to try different kinds of fondant, lol. My favorite costwise, tastewise, and workwise is still Satin Ice.

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 10:36pm
post #4 of 4

I used to make my own from scratch and have also tried Duffs, Wilton's, and Satin Ice.  My fav is by far Satin Ice!  It;s much easier to work with and is easy to knead.  =-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%