Can You Help Pick A Logo? Please Asap Tonight!

Decorating By Rainbow_Moon Updated 19 Sep 2005 , 1:58pm by aunt-judy

Rainbow_Moon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 3:59am
post #1 of 33

I'm attaching two choices I've played with for a logo, I was hoping a few of you could offer guidance on which you like better. I like doing more sculpted cakes and not so much the wedding cakes so I don't want to be too prissy, but I want people to think I'm a good baker and decorator. I'm doing business cards tonight to give to an order tomorrow (I've blocked out my contact info) to give to all that request it once they taste my wonderful goodies! icon_biggrin.gif

Please let me know what you think as soon as you can! Also suggestions like to switch colors or change fonts or move a star or something would be really cool too! Thanks!!!! thumbs_up.gif
LL

32 replies
rexmel7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rexmel7 Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:02am
post #2 of 33

i like the one on the right better. you can read the name better...

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:03am
post #3 of 33

Wow, I like them both, they are striking! I think the one on the right is probably a bit funkier, but the one on the left is actually easier to read. But honestly I like both of them, so you should go with your favourite.
Hugs Squirrelly

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:05am
post #4 of 33

I agree with Squirrelly. What if you did the one on the left with the funkier font? Is that even an option ?

Ali icon_smile.gif

NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:07am
post #5 of 33

I really like the darker purple cake with "Cake Joy" on a slant. My only suggestion would be to widen the cake slightly so the word "Joy" doesn't look so squeezed in. The font (is it Curlz?) looks great.

Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:11am
post #6 of 33

i CAN do the funky font on the left. they're all my design, i have been working on the designs for about a week but can't come to ANY decisions! my fiancee says he likes one, then the other, so he's no help!
Yes, the font is Curlz.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:13am
post #7 of 33

i like the one on the right but i agree that the word joy looks cramped......maybe if you adjust a little ....but overall i think the one on the right stands out more.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:14am
post #8 of 33

Ok....here goes!!

Love the name, btw!! It's great! thumbs_up.gif
I think the color and font and shape on the dark purple one is better....but the text needs to be horizontal, instead of tilted. You don't want people to have to work too hard to read the name, know what I mean? And maybe try a different color on the text and bursts, just to see how they look...either white or magenta/fuschia? It needs to jump off of the purple a little more, maybe. If no other colors look as good as the lighter purple for the text, stick with that, but maybe go a teensy bit lighter with it.

BTW - working with and creating graphics is my other hobby!!! lol I'm working on my card right now, too! icon_razz.gif My business name is "Sugarbelle's - The Sweetest Things in the South!"...thanks to help from MissMersh, here at CC for the tag line! I just have no clue of where to start with a logo, though... icon_mad.gif Originally, I was going to be "The Cake Fairy"...but there's someone with that name over in the UK & they've already got a website up and all, so didn't want to cause confusion. icon_sad.gif But I had a killer logo made up....complete with a picture of a flying fairy carrying a cake!!! Then I considered "The Flying Cake" - a little funky, I know....hence my avatar...but the longer I thought about it it just didn't stick with me...I was so bummed thinking I'd never decide on a name...but I think people down here will respond better to Sugarbelle's...we'll see!

Hope my suggestions/insight helped you!! Sorry for my rambling!! icon_redface.gif

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:14am
post #9 of 33

The one on the right ROCKS! I think the logo on the right conveys a clearer message. It reads faster and cleaner. I think you want something that people can identify quickly and easily.

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:15am
post #10 of 33

IMOHO, the one on the left is too drab looking. It doesn't peak my interest

Debbi

Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:22am
post #11 of 33

thanks for all the posts, i'm going to see what i can do with the right one...i'll post another in a few min!

SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:30am
post #12 of 33

If you could also fit a big star on the right hand corner like you did on the left logo, onto the right logo, I find this really draws attention to the card.
Hugs Squirrelly

NottawaChelle Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:31am
post #13 of 33

May I ask what programme you are using? If it's PrintMaster, I can tell you how to get the font "curlz" to look a little bolder so it will show up better on a business card.

Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:52am
post #14 of 33

nottawachelle...i am using photoshop to put together the logo part and then dropping that into Word to set up the printing of the cards. once i get the logo down i plan to make up some stationery as well as set up my webpage.

Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 5:10am
post #15 of 33

here's the newest...i'm too tired to do any more editing! i'm throwing it on the cards and going to bed shhh.gif ...zzzZZZZ
LL

JennT Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 5:11am
post #16 of 33

OHHHH...........SOOOO perfect!!!! I love it! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Rainbow_Moon Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 5:21am
post #17 of 33

thanks jenn...of course i am tweaking some more...as i put them on the cards the text was too heavy (since it got shrunk) so now i'm fixing that...argh, it's almost like a cake! 'just one more thing...' lol

JennT Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 5:25am
post #18 of 33

I agree...working on graphics is soooo much like working on a cake!! lol You can tweak until the cows come home if you, or someone else, don't just stop yourself!! You can make yourself crazy trying to get it just right. lol I make all my own birthday cards, party invitations, and christmas/anniversary...just cards for anything. As well as all of the logo/graphics work for our landscaping business. My DH says I really need to make a small business out of it...I told him then I'd have to charge him retroactively 'cause he's been my biggest customer!!! lol icon_lol.gif

NottawaChelle Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 6:41am
post #19 of 33

Sweet baby is awake again icon_confused.gif so I'm back to look. Hey, very Nice! Eyecatching and easy to read. The purple cake looks funky and the stars amd font suggest creative flair!

I totally agree that graphics is a lot like cake work. I also design all my own cards and family newsletters along with brochures, cards, newsletters diplomas, and letterhead for our local homeschool group and many cards and brochures for my mil's singing trio.

Always nudging and tweaking something! icon_rolleyes.gif

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 12:41pm
post #20 of 33

I really love it...it just jumps right out at you!

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 1:03pm
post #21 of 33

I love the logo you chose. It looks great! And not to throw a wrench into the mix because the logo is awesome, but have you considered putting pictures of your cakes on the business cards? I have my wedding cake on my cards (I made it). I think having your cakes right on the business cards is good advertising. It showcases your work and gives them your contact info all at the same time. Right now, I have only 1 picture (my wedding cake) on my business cards, but as I start making more cakes, I'm going to put different pictures on them. This way, there will be different pictures of my work out there for people to see. Just a thought.

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 1:05pm
post #22 of 33

Ok, I like the new one the best.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 1:14pm
post #23 of 33

Once your logo is done...make up some matching borchures that include pictures of your cakes and some basic info regarding sizes, flavors etc. I always carry them with me just in case! thumbs_up.gif

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 1:27pm
post #24 of 33

I like the new one, too. I got to this post late. But I do think that the last version was the best choice!

Tanya

SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 2:00pm
post #25 of 33

This one is perfect, it is easier to read and it really stands out, l like the stars, reminds me of a cake I did! Good work kiddo!
Hugs Squirrelly

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 2:50pm
post #26 of 33

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif for the new one

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 3:44pm
post #27 of 33

The final result is perfect! My favorite color is purple so I think it's spectacular. icon_biggrin.gif

When I get around to creating mine, I want to use purples as well.

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 4:19pm
post #28 of 33

WOW, I love it!!!!!!

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 6:05pm
post #29 of 33

The latest revised one is great!

Daniela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daniela Posted 16 Sep 2005 , 6:12pm
post #30 of 33

I like the latest one the best!! The color is really nice and it stands out too so that's a bonus.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%