Oven Drying Mmf

Decorating By Aurora42196 Updated 24 Feb 2013 , 9:27pm by thecakewitch

Aurora42196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora42196 Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 2

Hello all

I've been doing a bit of searching but haven't really got an answer for my question. I make my own MMF using Lizzomarek's recipe on you tube (aka Artisan Cake Company thumbs_up.gif), where you make the recipe with your kitchen aid and add some wilton fondant into the mix icon_wink.gif it sounds weird I know, but it adds great stability to the marshmallow part so its not unbelievably stretchy and the marshmallows make the horrible wilton taste. you would never know wilton fondant was in it.

Anyway, my nephew's birthday is coming up and he loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates so I did some fondant cut outs. I didn't use tylose this time because I was afraid it would dry out before I was done (BIG mistake!). they cut perfectly but its been four days (fan blowing on it) and they haven't completely dried yet. they dried about halfway (where I can pick the up and paint and I think its only done that because of the wilton fondant in it.)

I've heard that you can use the lowest temp on your oven to dry them out. and saw that someone tried the with MMF ONLY and it melted! tapedshut.gif do you think this would work for me since the wilton fondant is in it or will it still melt. and if anyone else's uses this fondant recipe how do you like it :D thanks in advance.

happy baking icon_smile.gif

1 reply
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 2

I just turn the oven light on not the oven temp. It dried up real fast but i used MFF, not sure if it will work with your recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%