Hi! A Hello And Thanks

Decorating By NYinRome Updated 24 Feb 2013 , 1:31pm by NYinRome

NYinRome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYinRome Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 8:58am
post #1 of 3

AFirst of all i would like to say hello as I am a newcomer to this group. I discovered this forum a few weeks ago as I had a request for a cake with ballerina shoes as a topper. Didnt know where to begin, as it has not been long since I am decorating cakes. I mean I've always baked and done lots of stuff for my family and children but now things are getting rather serious as more and more people have been asking me to bake for them! I found a pattern and lots of advice on this forum for making the ballerina slippers and wanted to say THANKS for all the good advice and the actual pattern shared on here. So here is what I did and let me say the little girl, along with her two brothers were very happy! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2930884/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

2 replies
Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 9:49am
post #2 of 3

I think you did a very nice job on the ballerina slippers!!! If I were to give any advice at all it would be maybe next time brush on some light pink luster dust (would make them appear to be satin) and make your ribbons a bit thinner. Fabulous job for your first pair though...Kudos!!!!!

NYinRome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYinRome Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 3

AThanks ! Don't know much about luster and glitter but will look into it for the next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%