Need Cupcake To Hold For A Few Days

Baking By smile22 Updated 23 Feb 2013 , 7:09pm by ChefAngie

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:32pm
post #1 of 2

so normally i make my cupcakes the night before an event sometimes i frost them the same day as the event sometimes its the night before. i have a client who is having a christening next sunda out of state ( its state over from me) she has family and a weekend place about 35 minutes from me in my state and i will be delivering the cupcakes to her that friday. 

these are my issues if i make the cupcakes on friday morning deliver them at night its very cold where i am (ne) how can she store them till sunday so the frosting does not melt?

i am doing vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream and white chocolate crosses on top. i usually put the cupcakes in the fridge to set before delivery and they are good to go. but since this event is 2 days later i am worried about the cupcakes holding up that long. could she keep them in the fridge till sunday take them out an hour or so before the event so the frosting has time to get down to temp

is there a really good buttercream that will hold up for a few days 

1 reply
ChefAngie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChefAngie Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 2

If it is cold where you are- the car is a great cooler (refrigerator)-boxed up the cupcakes will be fine- a friend of mine forget the cupcakes were in the car-cc were fine.

Just make sure the sun is not shining on the box.

Happy Baking and Decorating,

Chef Angie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%