Pan Sizes And Batter Amounts?

Baking By mumto3madboys Updated 22 Feb 2013 , 7:35pm by BakingIrene

mumto3madboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mumto3madboys Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 2

I have a recipe which i love for a sponge cake and would like to use it as my to go recipe. i have only used it in 2 7" round pans for the recipe which are about 2" deep and the cake, when cooked is perfect in every way although it doesn't rise massively. i do use 4 layers to one cake! so when i have filled, layered and crumb coated my cake it's just right. and i have some leftovers for cake pops!!!

what i really want to know is what is the best way to work out how much batter i would need in smaller and larger pans with the same 2" depth. i do prefer the decorating side and i am not the greatest cook so any help would be great! i use 150g each of flour, butter sugar and the rest of ingredients in the 7" pans.

not sure how's best to work it out ? !!

1 reply
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 2

Look up a book:

Rachel Brown has written a few cake books with tables in the back that tell you how to enlarge your recipe for all sizes.

International School of Cake Decorating Volume I (Lodge et al) also has similar tables for this type of cake.

Check your public library before you buy.  I preview books using the amazon "look inside" feature too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%