You Are Not Going To Believe This....

Decorating By Ducky316 Updated 14 Feb 2013 , 6:34am by Brettley

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 4:30am
post #1 of 4

I had someone I know...not well... contact me this evening in regards to me making her wedding cake in May...Here is the picture she sent me

It has to feed 150 people...and she wanted to pay me $150.00!!!!!!!!!!! It's a good thing we were chatting through facebook and not on the phone cause she would have heard me bust a gut laughing! So, she wants me to make her THIS wedding cake at $1.00 a slice! When I told her base would be $3.00 a slice that adds up to $444.00...BASE she says well I can get a cake at Sams at $1.50 a slice. Okay...so she is willing to pay Sams $1.50 per slice for a non custom cake, but wants me to do a custom cake for her for less!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention, last time I checked, Sams doesn't make cakes like this one!!!! I politely told her, she should go where her budget will allow...

After I stopped laughing I got mad! I can't believe the nerve of some people! Sorry....I'm just venting.....ugh :/

3 replies
cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 4:47am
post #2 of 4

Did she expect you to provide the three dozen roses too? 

Some people just don't think.

Ducky316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ducky316 Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 4:52am
post #3 of 4

LOL I don't know! I mean, I've had people low ball me, but never like this and certainly not by anyone I know! Geesh

Brettley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brettley Posted 14 Feb 2013 , 6:34am
post #4 of 4

I just had the SAME thing happen. Customer sent me a picture of a 4 tier tree stump wedding cake see link below for 175-200 people. Great! I have always wanted to do one of these. ANYWAY she is all excited because she got my name from a co-worker whos wedding she attended and loved the cake I made. Wants to meet next week blah blah blah. So I said I would email her the list of flavors, fillings, frostings to choose from so she knows what she wants come next Thursday. WELL in my list it CLEARLY states the prices and I also copy and paste the price paragraph in the body of my email so there is no confusion (this has happened in the past) It also has my base prices, I do not do anything for less than x dollars. Anyway she emails me back super excited saying she cannot wait and oh.. her budget is 250.00 could we please try to stay in that price range.... uh WUT?? Note, wedding is almost an hour away sooo that adds delivery fee on top. I was/still am so shocked and couldn't help but laugh. Did her friend not tell her that her cake was 650.00? hmmm

Anyway, I responded with what Ii was able to do for her. 3.00/serving is my base price. Anyway I have yet to hear from her..... and I don't expect to. Safeway here you come!

http://wedding.allwomenstalk.com/rustic-wedding-cakes-to-complement-your-theme/treeweddingcake/

Anyway, thanks for posting this thread. I needed to vent too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%