Orange Wedding Cake

Decorating By SahanaChiwane Updated 2 Mar 2013 , 11:15pm by Marianna46

SahanaChiwane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SahanaChiwane Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:07am
post #1 of 13

Hi All,

I need suggestions for preparing an orange colored wedding cake.

The cake needs to be carrot cake with an orange fondant over it. It needs to be in 3 tiers.

I have got golden yellow and orange icing colors and I plan to use mmf to cover the cake.

I have Spicely Organics orange extract that I thought could be used to flavor the fondant or the frosting.

I need suggestions on what frosting can I use, what flavor and what to put between the layers to make the different than a standard carrot cake.

For carrot cake, I have the cake mixes. I have not yet decided if I should add nuts and spice to make it a classic carrot cake.

Please advise.

12 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:13am
post #2 of 13

I have made a great carrot cake in the past . It called for pineapple filling and orange cream cheese icing. I use fresh orange juice as it called for. It was delicous. I would not use the nuts, because there are people alergic to nuts. I do use nut, but for family only. I don,t use raisens, but i use crushed pineapple in my cake recipe as my family and friends love for me. to. So that is the different carrot cake that i have made . hth

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:14am
post #3 of 13

I personally love traditional carrot cake, so I'd tell you to go for the nuts (if nobody's allergic) and spices. I would also use a traditional cream cheese frosting under fondant. Or you could go for something completely different and do a white chocolate ganache under the fondant. I really love orange in all its shades, and I think your cake will be truly lovely.

SahanaChiwane Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:23am
post #4 of 13

Thank you Marianna and Icer :) That was indeed very helpful.

Can I also know if its good idea to flavor the fondant? Or keep the flavoring to frosting alone? 

Would buttercream frosting go with carrot cake?

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 12:38am
post #5 of 13

i like white chocolate IMBC with carrot cake. 

Marianna46 Posted 13 Feb 2013 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 13

Like icer 101, I use pineapple in my carrot cake. The orange cream cheese frosting sounds delicious, too. I wouldn't flavor the fondant unless you're making it from scratch, but if you are, then a little orange oil or extract in place of the vanilla gives it a wonderful flavor and kind of cuts that uber-sweet fondant taste. I've also had buttercream frosting on carrot cake and, while it wasn't gross, it just didn't make the flavor of the cake sing.

COButterfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
COButterfly Posted 15 Feb 2013 , 3:12am
post #7 of 13

Google Emril's carrot cake.  It is seriously awesome and pretty simple.  To be honest I really think the carrot cake mixes don't taste great and going scratch here will really pay off in the end.

SahanaChiwane Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 6:39pm
post #8 of 13

Hello All,

Thank you so much for giving me suggestions on this cake.

So i finally made the carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting and orange color +flavored mmf and it turned out to be awesome!!

I gave it an Indian henna style design with royal icing and coated with gold dust :)

Everyone loved it.

Thank you once again !!

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 11:29pm
post #9 of 13

Pictures!

CAKIE BAKIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAKIE BAKIE Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 11:58pm
post #10 of 13

i m thinking it would be ever tasty to use walnuts it will be super good in carrot cake.

SahanaChiwane Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 1:18am
post #11 of 13

That's my first 3 tier wedding cake for my best friends wedding :)

SahanaChiwane Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 1:28am
post #12 of 13

I posted the picture but it needs to be approved by the moderator it seems.

However, its the same cake as my profile picture :)

Cant imagine that just 50 people managed to polish off that cake :D

Thanks once again everyone!!!

Marianna46 Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 13

Great cake! I commend you for your patience in doing those henna designs. I really love those designs, but I have basically no piping skills (something I proved to myself once more not two hours ago!).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%