Sugar Rush Cake (From Wreck It Ralph)

Decorating By jorgensenjess Updated 9 Feb 2013 , 1:27am by Annabakescakes

jorgensenjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jorgensenjess Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,

I have a question for all you experts.  I am making a birthday cake for a friends daughter's birthday and she wants a Sugar Rush cake.  Her parents bought her this Vanellope Von Schweetz toy and she said that I could put it on top of the cake.  

This is the toy...

I know that there are a MILLION fun cake decorating ideas for this cake but I have had a crazy week and so I made a three layer vanilla cake and I think I am just going to cover it in a aqua/mint green buttercream but that is one of my problems... how would you mix a color that matches her?  It looks like a mix between aqua and mint green to me.  I know that on Wilton's website it says to make aqua mix sky blue and leaf green, but do you think that would make a color that matches this figurine or would you recommend another color combination?  

Also do you have any other simple decorating ideas for this cake.  I have pink and white sprinkles I thought I could do a boarder that matches the frosting on the top with some sprinkles on it, then maybe for the boarder on the bottom of the cake I could do big dots with a large star tip and I could alternate pink white and brown?  Or would you just stick with the green color for the bottom?  Or use other colors?  I just can't decide and would love some input!  

Thanks!  

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 12:24am
post #2 of 3

i could mix that color using grass green, royal blue and some yellow

wilton's color chart is probably right on though

i think i'd use big polka dots the size of the wheels--anything happy would work

you might could make some polka dots that are all encrusted with the sprinkles

i was thinking fondant polka dots but buttercream would work

even if you left the polka dots look like spirals (not flattened out if buttercream)

i don't think you could go wrong with this cake--just get the colors right and you got it

even a few stripes as the bottom border (the colors of the tire on the bigger wheel)

are those strawberries on the smaller wheel???

can you pipe those?

those little stripedy things on the side between the wheels closer to the smaller wheel

you could make fondant spirals like that

roll out a fondant sausage and wrap it around a straw

dust the straw first with cornstarch so it doesn't stick when you go to take it off

looks like fun!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 1:27am
post #3 of 3

AI would use sky blue and grass green.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%