How To Bake Initials Into A Whoopie Pie

Baking By Tpeila Updated 8 Feb 2013 , 5:36pm by Dayti

Tpeila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tpeila Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 5:08am
post #1 of 3

AI have a bride who would like her and her grooms first initial on whoopie pies. I could pipe them on but then they won't stack well. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to bake initials into the whoopie pie.

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

i don't remember ever making whoopie pies so take this with a grain of salt

but have you ever piped something on a griddle then poured a pancake on top of that??

there's that way--but the piping has to be in the mirror image of course

or if you don't flip whoopie pies

you can take some batter --loosen it up with milk or water to a pipe-able consistency

and pipe onto the unbaked pie

i do that for cookies but i guess cookie dough might be stiffer than wp i don't know

but those are two maybes for you

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 8 Feb 2013 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 3

Whoopies don't get flipped, but you could try piping some batter to make the initial on the pan (mirror image as K8 says), bake it, and then cover with the batter and bake again? Maybe? If the piping is not baked first, it may "run" into the batter...you should do some tests before you bake the final ones just to be sure.

I think what I would try and do is something after they are baked anyway. Like stencil the initial on with something - royal icing or cocoa powder or something else flat. Inital cut from fondant and laid on the hot Whoopie might make it stick? Or stick it on when they are cold with water or boiled jam?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%