6 To 7 Inch Tall Tiers

Decorating By vgcea Updated 6 Feb 2013 , 5:36am by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 4

ADoes the cake board for every 4 inches of height still apply? What precautions do you take for these not-quite-double barrel tiers? I plan for it to be the middle of a 3 tier cake. Thanks.

3 replies
gbbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gbbaker Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

I have done 8 inch cakes and frosted and filled 2- 4 inch cakes .   I try to get a thicker coat of frosting on the top cake  that will be covered by cake board, I use straws for on the bottom layer for weight then I cut  a piece of cardboard that fits the top of that bottom. I place the next 4 inch tier on top of the cake board and make sure it's lined up evenly and I put a dowel off to the side( I run a center dowel through all the tiers once finished and stacked).  then I frost  and fondant.  If this doesn't make sense pm me, it's not difficult at all.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 4

AWhen I do a 6 layer, I place a cake board between the bottom 4 & top 2 tiers. I use a spa system. I cut holes in the cardboard for the columns.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 6 Feb 2013 , 5:36am
post #4 of 4

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbbaker 

I have done 8 inch cakes and frosted and filled 2- 4 inch cakes .   I try to get a thicker coat of frosting on the top cake  that will be covered by cake board, I use straws for on the bottom layer for weight then I cut  a piece of cardboard that fits the top of that bottom. I place the next 4 inch tier on top of the cake board and make sure it's lined up evenly and I put a dowel off to the side( I run a center dowel through all the tiers once finished and stacked).  then I frost  and fondant.  If this doesn't make sense pm me, it's not difficult at all.

Thank you. It makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts 

When I do a 6 layer, I place a cake board between the bottom 4 & top 2 tiers. I use a spa system. I cut holes in the cardboard for the columns.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%