Information About Joseph Lamberth

Decorating By jensopr Updated 3 Feb 2013 , 9:58pm by DiddleMeSweet

jensopr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensopr Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, has somebody more information about Mr. Lambeth and his fantastic overpiping technic?

Loooking forward to hear something

Thank you

7 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 12:20am
post #2 of 8

You could try messaging Gefion. She makes beautiful Lambeth method cakes.

http://cakecentral.com/u/57640/gefion

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 12:22am
post #3 of 8

There are several books available.  Old, but still around.  Have you tried google'ing it?    I just did and there is lots of information about him and his methods of decorating for read.  One site leads to another and another :)  Keep reading all you can,  It's a time consuming process but there is lots of modifacations to make more modern versions. 

jensopr Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 10:50am
post #4 of 8

I have not found a lot, only by amazon a book for over 700 Dollars :-0, so I have to look further on ;-) maybe someboby have a other link for me

Thanks for your help letsgetcaking and kakeladi

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 8

Jens, Joseph Lambeth published two books which were combined into one in the third and later editions.  The latest reprinting was made in 1980 by a baking association so it is still covered by copyright.

I suggest that you look in the catalogues of public libraries as some have an older edition--possibly in their reserves, but still accessible for reading.  You should also search ebay worldwide on a weekly basis--it is possible to buy at less than $200 from sellers who do not over-inflate prices.

There are some modern books with chapters of this technique: 

Wilton Way of Cake Decorating Volume II (1977) which sells for $25 or less (plus shipping). Again just ignore the overpriced listings

Toba Garrett Professional Cake Decorating (either edition) discounted from Amazon

and of course Royal Icing by Eddie Spence OBE has all the techniques required to do work in the Lambeth style (book also discounted from Amazon).  You can then simply find images of Lambeth work and reproduce them.

jensopr Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 6:43pm
post #6 of 8

That is very kind, I will look what I can find :-), and the lovley book from Eddie i have personally signed from him last year i attended a semniar in UK, it was fantastic

DiddleMeSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiddleMeSweet Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 8

Kathleen Lange teaches this technique I would recommend goggleing her. I won't add her link as some one will say I am advertising the business. You will find her work online also on FB. She teaches it in California, and she travels too. Definitely google her! She also gives out certificates. Nicolas Lodge is another I would google. Also consider doing a PME class. 

DiddleMeSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiddleMeSweet Posted 3 Feb 2013 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 8

They also sell the Lambeth book on CD if you google it you'll find it. It's like $30.00

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%