Topsy Turvy Cake..

Decorating By melissalovespandas Updated 2 Feb 2013 , 3:08pm by DeliciousDesserts

melissalovespandas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissalovespandas Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 1:28am
post #1 of 7

icon_sad.gifwell, I just finished a cake for tomorrow, It looks good but I was reading you're not suposed to use cake mix for topsy turvy cakes!!!  and I did :'( chocolate pillsbury cake mix to be precise. no filling though, (customer didn't want none)

does this mean that my cake is going to collapse either tonight or tomorrow (because I used cake mix?)

I hope not :*(

any thoughts?

6 replies
yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 1:47am
post #2 of 7

If you have a proper support system, the upper tiers are resting  on the straws/dowels/supports and not on the cake, and it should be fine.  

melissalovespandas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissalovespandas Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 1:59am
post #3 of 7

icon_redface.gifI hope so! I did used those wilton straws for support . fingers crossed and thanks for taking the time to reply.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 2:06am
post #4 of 7

It's going to be all about your supports at this point. As an added precaution I would keep the room in which the cake is kept really cool, so the BC stays firm and doesn't even think of budging or sliding and taking cake along with it.

Dani1081 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dani1081 Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 2:50am
post #5 of 7

I use cake mix all the time.  That makes no difference whatsoever.  It is completely dependent upon your structural support.  Cake tiers on cake boards or plates, resting on dowels inserted in the tier below it.  

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7

cute cake--i love the happy jaunty crown on top

really nice decor

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 3:08pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

It's going to be all about your supports at this point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%