Foundation Of A "day Of Royal Icing"

Decorating By jensopr Updated 2 Feb 2013 , 11:08pm by jensopr

jensopr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensopr Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 7:59am
post #1 of 4

Hello everbody, iam from germany and here is Piping with royal icing very down and not so popular like in the uk or usa, so my idea is the stage a Day of Royal Icing! In memorial of queen victoria and her wedding cake i would take the 10. of Feb. for that, that is the day where from white icing changed in Royal icing  (when Queen Victoria used white icing on her cake it gained a new title "royal icing", wikipedia)

so when anybody like this idea and share this event i would very happy with this that ;-)

best wishes from

Jens

3 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 4

What a wonderful idea!!!

Do you want us to post pictures?

Do you have the book "Royal Icing" by Eddie Spence?  Amazon sells it at a good discount.  It is like a whole year of private lessons from a lifetime master of the art.

And some good links

http://clarasdesignercakes.com/2009/05/royal-wedding-cakes-and-a-power-surge/ this link has many different royal wedding cakes starting with Queen Victoria's children--I am grateful that they have gone to the trouble of collecting images of historical cakes

Best images of details of the Queen Victoria cake itself

http://www.queenvictoria.victoriana.com/RoyalWeddings/Royal_Wedding_Cake.html

jensopr Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 4

AYes roland and marsha like this idea too and a lot want send picture on sunday on fb :- ) all nice pics with icing

jensopr Posted 2 Feb 2013 , 10:16pm
post #4 of 4

I am glad that the participation is so great and that so many people from abroad join us. Everyone they can do something in Royal Icing should post it in FB on Sunday (10.Feb.) and for all others, it would be great when you find something that you like and also on Sunday, "the Day of Royal Icing" could post it in FB too. We will see maybe in two years at the 175th jubilee of royal icing we can plan a special event
thumbs_up.gifThank you for all they joined and help us
Sweet greetings your Jens xxxxxx from Germany

(Edited to remove last name.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%